Skip to content
I need serious Help !
lovemyladyalways posted:
Need some Help ! To help my daughter to cope with a boyfriend that is not very considerate. Daughter is 25 yrs old. Her pap test came back with an unsure result with a future retest later this month.
The big problem is that her honesty to her boyfriend got him up in a frenzy. (Probably looking for a reason to break-up). Her boyfriend is jumping to conclusions about my daughter having HPV troubles from previous relationships. Is that a sure thing? My daughter told him of her past which got him worried more about himself than comforting her.
There was no cheating involved - they were not going together few years back. ( My wife thinks the boyfriend is no good for her ) but my daughter cries that she Loves him. What do I as a father say to convince my daughter that this guy might throw this issue in her face as he is doing now, in the future ? I've told her to try dating sites.
Please Help ! As my sign in title states : Love My Lady Always,
not only pertains to my wife but also my Daughter ! Thank You !
fcl responded:
Frankly, the best thing you can do here is to mind your own business. Interfering (and I know you mean well) will only further complicate things. She'll sort things out by herself and manage to survive
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.
kramer1961 replied to fcl's response:
In general I agree with FCL, but I would add this: Ask your daughter to consider who it is in her life that is looking out for _her_? Its the most important question a person can ask about those around them. If she responds that he is on that list, ask her to support it in the current situation.

Bottom line, you can't cure people of stupid, even when you love them to bits. For the most part, all you can do is be there for support after they do something dumb.


Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website