Skip to content
Vaginal TEARING and the removal of a band of skin. Will this widen the vagina base?
rachelsmith posted:
I am 32 years old. I have never had a child but I have the issue of tearing at the base of my vagina when I have sex. The type tearing someone would have if they gave birth but I didn't give birth! If I use lubricant it's not as bad and in a couple days I can have sex again. Although, sex it's that enjoyable because I always had a little tear! At first my Gyno said I had thin skin down there and gave me estrogen cream to thicken the skin. This did not work. I developed scar tissue (from repeated tears) and my gyno thought it was the scar tissue that was ripping repeatedly every time I have intercourse. She removed the scar tissue (not a full fenton's.. because she did this in her clinic with just a local anesthetic and I don't think I had any widening done.. well she didn't mention anything about that). Anyway I waited two months to have sex again and when I did, I ended up tearing very badly (the whole area where she removed skin) which is bigger than my original tear was. So instead of having to wait 2 or 3 days now to have sex again. I have to probably wait a good week and a half or two weeks to let it heal up because this tear is so much bigger. (I guess it's kinda like a cavity, the dentist has to drill a bigger hole to give you a filling, well she had to remove a bigger section to make sure she got all the scar tissue). Anyway, now I have a bigger tear site. It's my actually operation site that is tearing! I'm at my lowest point! I'm so stressed out! I don't sleep or eat worrying about this! I don't know what to do. I saw my gyno today and she's telling me that it's the band of skin across the base of my vagina that isn't stretching enough. She is going to removed that band of skin and stitch it up on the sides (rather than stitching it up in the center) so that the skin band cannot heal back together. This is not a fenton's procedure but almost like the reverse of what someone has done to "tighten" their vaginal opening after childbirth, etc! Does anyone have any experiences with this? Can someone give me some advice? or has anyone ever had this done with success to help the issue of tearing skin??? or widening the vagina to reduce friction or tearing. Will removal of this band of skin widen my vagina base which will mean less friction, stretching, can anyone please answer this for me? or have any experiences THANKS??
dfromspencer responded:
I am so sorry you are having this experience!!! No, I don't have any knowledge or experience with this issue. I just happened to be caught by the heading.

After reading this, I couldn't help myself, I had to tell you how sorry I felt for your situation!!! Forgive me for not helping you, I hope this all works out, somehow?

I wish you a stretch free sex life!!!


Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website