Cheated on my husbad with a man with HPV
christy_1125 posted:
My marriage has been going downhill for sometime, and I know that is not an excuse for cheating, but I did and now I am freaking out. I knew the person I slept with has HPV, but since I have had the Gardasil shot I figured I had nothing to worry about until my husband wanted to have sex a few days later. I'm afraid that if I have sex with him that I will give him the HPV. I am not ready to talk to him and tell him what happened yet, but he is getting really upset that I don't want to have sex. I need to know if I am putting him in danger if I have sex with him.

nohard responded:
Hi Christy well the only thing you can do is go and get tested, at an STD/GUM Clinic, that way you will know for sure whether you ok or not.
Good Luck

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If it hasn't been that long since the encounter, there's no way to tell just yet. I might be too soon for a test to come up positive even if you do have it. You might just have to put on your big birl britches and confess.

bigred53 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
What happened to the condom?

Michelle

tlkittycat1968 replied to bigred53's response:
Condoms don't always protect against HPV. The entire genital area can shed the virus and a condom only covers the penis.

bigred53 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I get that but if you were going to be with a man you KNEW had HPV wouldn't you make him wear a condom? I certainly would.

Michelle

dfromspencer responded:
Hi Christy,

I'm going to control myself, and not jump all over you for cheating! It is wrong, no matter what excuse you feed to yourself? The one smart thing you could have done, is separate yourself from your husband!

Ok, so you cheated with a guy you KNEW had HPV, and yet you never asked him to use protection? WHY??? Why would you take such a risk? For love? Bah humbug!!! No one that loved you, would ever let you do that without protection!!! So, this guy intentionally (Maybe) gave you a deadly disease? That could get him a felony! Attempted murder, i do believe? I have heard this before!

So, again, WHY??? You are MARRIED!!! For better, for worse, and all that!!! You should have told your hubby first, then, if he wanted, HE could have separated himself from you! It would have been his choice, then?! Now, you have left him no choice!

You have to do the right thing here, TELL HIM!!! You MUST tell him prior to having sex with him, and you alredy know that!

I wish you luck!

D.

rhondamay replied to dfromspencer's response:
Wow! It's a good thing you didn't jump all over her dfromspencer! (>;

jaimecantu responded:
If I was the hubby. I would just forgive and work it out.
I would hate the rejection and silence crap.
Hit me with the biggest wrench you got so you can get my attention. The hell with the secretes.
Tell me you some raw sa

topcop2003 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Not sure what state you live in but as far as I have researched, the ONLY law on the books in 37 states is the transmission of HIV that can draw a felony charge for attempted murder. HPV is not on any state statutes that I could find using West Law Library data base.

wanttowant replied to topcop2003's response:
So what?!!!! Your concern is a legal one?!!!!!! If you want to have little to NO respect for your own health and body go ahead and make that INFORMED decision to trash it. Your husband deserves to make his own informed choices as well. He has a reasonable expectation of being safe from STD's because he is MARRIED!!!!! Your deception is bad enough, this is probably the only way you can make it even worse.
I wish your husband luck.