Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help! I've lost my sex drive and I want it back!
An_256597 posted:
I love my husband, I don't want to loose him because I've lost my sex drive. I used to have a normal drive and then one day I realized how badly I was always trying to avoid it. I can't tell you when it left, but it definitely did. I don't like any physical affection as a matter of fact. My husband is broken hearted over it and I want to change. I'm hoping for good advice to help me save my marriage and fix what's wrong with me. Please, I'm not looking for criticisms, I'm looking for help.

stevesmw responded:
Same three possibilities; physical, psychological, relationship.
You have eliminated relationship. Find a doctor who understands sex drive. I don't know much about ob/gyn, but the male equivalent is a urologist and most of them don't know much about sexual issues.

sluggo45692 responded:
We are not here to criticize and we want to help. Steve is right. Find a doctor or therapist who deals in sexual problems. On this site you will find a lot of infomation about you problem. There are suggestions if you look at the other postings from earlier.
Don't forget to talk to your husband. Nothing is worse if your not in the mood and he doesn't know why. Open communications is vital to a healthy relationship. That's how you keep your marriage. Let him know what's going on. Men are fixers. We want to help.

Good Luck

nohard replied to sluggo45692's response:
Hi Sluggo, you forgot something, and the word is, some, as in some men are fixers, and some men want to help, others will just stand around and sulk and waiting. and this is why were here.

nohard responded:
Hi Been looking around and come with a couple of links that may help you, some of the answer your see down the first link are just the same as men, can you believe that. This next bit come from the fisrt link.
Many of these women have no problems with having orgasms . Rather, they have no real desire to have sex and their minds are not turned on by the prospect of love-making.
Fortunately, for many females this lack of libido is only temporary.
Some will get over it by themselves, and a lot more can be helped by expert medical or psychosexual advice. Others do not really want to get back into the world of rampaging sexual desire and are quite happy to lead lives which are untroubled by lust.
The Link, http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/lackingsexdrive.htm
This next one has some great answers for most things and including low libido
http://earthclinic.com/CURES/low_libido.html
Your need to read through these, there from both male and female.
But one things has come to light, and affects both sex's, antidepressants? Are you by any chance taken these?
You could try some DHEA, but thee lots of mixed ratings on it use, you could just try it if its not working come off it, its that simple, it's a hormone, but you will know if its working, your br all over him, well perhaps not that bad.
And there's Tribulus Terrestris but it takes about 8 weeks to get to full power, as with DHEA they both work along the same lines, but one helps the other, the raise your testosterone, lift your libido and kick up you energy levels, and this is just a suggestion for you to try.
But you can google both, DHEA and low libido in women and just change it to tribulus for the next one.
But here you are some help I hope.
Good Luck

wanttowant replied to nohard's response:
Thank you so much for all your replies. Especially you Mr. nohard. I will get to work reading those helpful links as soon as I'm finished my work for this morning. Thankyou again all, I will keep you posted.
Have a great day.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website