birth control, antibiotics, and plan b
An_257044 posted:
I had unprotected sex yesterday. Im on bc pills and 2 antibiotics. I took PlanB after sex. My bc makes me not have periods but sometimes ovulate. I'm a week after my placebos. What are the odds of becoming pregnant?

nohard responded:
Hi The antibiotic do reduce the effect of your BC pills, but as you backed them up with Plan B I think you could be err on the safe side.
What you did was right, but to save on the Plan B why not think of condoms.

Good Luck

tlkittycat1968 responded:
What birth control other than non-hormonal ones, allow you to sometimes ovulate? What good is that birth control?

endofighter replied to nohard's response:
I'll be the first one to tell you that it was stupid of me to have unprotected sex haha. I had completely forgot antibiotics can reduce the effectiveness. We always used condoms and bc pills until we got married. That was also the first time is ever used plan b (my stomach is killing me!)

endofighter replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
My hormones are kinda wacky due to lots of treatments for endometriosis, adenomyosis, and pelvic adhesion disease. I don't always ovulate, it's actually really rare, but sometimes breakthrough ovulation occurs.

tlkittycat1968 replied to endofighter's response:
Actually, very few antibiotics affect birth control and the ones that do are usually prescribed for TB.

That being said, birth control along with Plan B definitely reduces your chances of pregnancy quite a bit.