Skip to content
Sex and Aging Male
johnwad posted:
Seems like plenty of info out there for women and sex after menopause, but not so much for the guys other than the endless promotion and advertising of ED and the pills that fix it. Mid fifties and in 30 year monogamous relationship. Erections are no problem, and have sex several times a week or more. The problem is the intensity of orgasm. Internet research is all over the map, but can't find any real good discussion on the subject. Seems like most think a flag pole at this age is victory enough, and the diminished explosion is just another concession to growing older. If this is fact, I'll learn to deal with it like other realities of age. But the sex act is still important to us; probably more important to me, but loving wife does enjoy the intimacy. Either I'm not doing them right or kegels haven't helped much. And because I'm a borderline sex addict, I've charted all factors (morning sex, sex on alcohol, etc). The best orgasm/climax is achieved at mid-day, after morning exercise, healthy eating, and coffee. I'm pretty sure it's all about heightened sensitivity and maximized blood flow. Anyway, I'm babbling now, but still interested in honest and frank discussion. Thank you.

nohard responded:
Hi John, OK to see if your doing your kegels right go have a look on www.pegym.com your find them along the top just below the banner, or look exercises you should find them there.

But you can also look around www.Dodsonandross.com , or you can also post to Dr Betty Dodson, she is quite the lady on answering questions on sexual matters and orgasms.

But google these titles.
NOHARDS HERB LIST WITH LINKS
NOHARDS HERBS FOR ED, PART2
your find a lot of these are for blood, for good erections you need to get your blood working for you, well that's my thoughts and I have had ED your see me now on pegym and franktalk as NOWHARD, I did this on herbs.

But if your having sex, what 3 to 4 times a week, cant really fault you there, it keeps us healthy having a good sex life, does our wife's good as well.

As for orgasms, are we talking you or your wife?

Hope something here helps you.

Good Luck

stevesmw responded:
Aging is the enemy and things can go down hill fast.
Overrall health is important. Personally, I found that delaying orgasm leads to a stronger orgasm. I had one one of the best orgasms in my life at age 60.

I'm 69 now and even masturbating, my orgasms are disappointing. Over the last few years, my sensitivity as descreased along with the strength of ,my erections. I can't even use the same technique to orgasm that worked well for almost 50 years.

johnwad replied to nohard's response:
Selfishly, we are talking about MY orgasms, but thanks for the links.

nohard replied to johnwad's response:
Hi If you look on the link its for both sex's, but does lean towards women, but very good for your sex life either way.

Did forget like Steve has said, as we get older things do start to go backwards, so by keeping you blood good you should stave off things, or they may even get better.

Do you get good morning woods? do you get woken with good nocturnal erections?

If you still getting good orgasms at mid-day then that's the time for you.

Good Luck

johnwad replied to nohard's response:
The "nooner" is my favorite, but not hers as it interrupts her day and zaps her energy. Conversely, a wonderful session perks me up. Guess that is just one of the many differences between husband and wife. And yes, I do experience morning wood; but best erections are when fondled. I really think the issue as we pass through mid-life is that blowing a load is one remaining link to youth and vitality. The fact that I still use terms like nooner and blowing a load should be indicators of my approach and the importance of sex. I appreciate the opportunity to talk about it and not sound like some perverted maniac. It is probably worth noting that my mother said prostate cancer killed my father because he refused to give up sex (as most of the options at that time had high risk of impotency, etc). Like most things, just talking about it helps.

nohard replied to johnwad's response:
Hi, A nooner sounds good to, nothing wrong with losing your load what ever time of the day.
Some how you and your wife's energy are getting in reverse, works the other way for my wife perks her up, perks me up first thing in the mornings.
A for prostae cancer and sex this next bit is from WebMD, The findings were surprising. Sexual intercourse did not affect prostate cancer risk. But frequent masturbation did -- in different ways, at different times of life.
Look there's nothing wrong talking about sex lives, you need to read what me and Bigred talk about.
See that's why I said about reading on www.dodsonandross.com there's lots of sex talk on there, you just need to dig into it.
So hope this helps a bit.

p_guy responded:
Hello johnwad:

Something you said caught my eye, and I wanted to respond: You mentioned the intensity of your orgasm. It's understandable that you're not quite as virile as you were 20 or 30 years ago. It happens.

Since you desire a more powerful orgasm, have you looked into prostate massage ? This could be a great way to kick things up a notch, as long as you don't mind putting something in your bum.

I've practiced this for a while, and I just have to say WOW. You can achieve orgasm without ejaculation. And the orgasms are MUCH more intense.

This may be just what the doctor ordered for you. Speaking of doctors, if you choose to try this, you should speak with your doctor to make sure you're healthy enough for these activities.

There is lots of good information online, and I recommend www.bestprostatemassagerguide as a good starting point. You will find lots of information regarding prostate massage/milking, how to massage the prostate and reviews for many different prostate stimulators.

All the best!

P Guy

queston replied to p_guy's response:
Male orgasms do typically decline somewhat in intensity with age, unfortunately.

As the volume a semen decreases, so does the number and intensity of prostate contractions needed to ejaculate it out. I'm on meds for chronic prostatitis which decrease the volume of semen: between that and aging (I'm 50), it's definitely not the same. I also find that I can't hold back the moment of release as effectively as I used to be able to.

It used to be alright because I was satisfied to concentrate more on my wife's pleasure. But lately she's pretty indifferent about sex generally, so there just isn't a lot of motivation for me, when she seems perfectly happy for me to take care of my own needs. I'm pretty bummed about the whole situation--seems like I'm way too young to be "over" sex.

nohard replied to queston's response:
Hi At 50, things should still be working really well and not declining just yet, the way you ejaculate and if there not strong, this could be part of your problem.
If you do a course of kegels, these will get you back up to full strength ejaculating, go to www.pegym.com your find them there just look under exercises,
As for the amount your ejaculating, have a look at these two herbs and read the links, all very interesting.
Muira Puama

Now this is an interesting one, if this is mixed with Catuaba 50/ 50 you have it as a sex drink and is quite famous in South America

http://natural-fertility-info.com/muira-puama-shown-to-increase-sexual-function-in-men.html

http://www.anyvitamins.com/muira-puama.htm

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-muira-puama.html

http://www.rain-tree.com/muirapuama.htm

Catuaba

For me not tried yet, but you never know?

http://www.ageless.co.za/herb-catuaba.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?Should-You-Use-Catuaba-For-Sexual-Impotence?&id=3849612

http://www.erectionhelpsite.com/category/catuaba/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/142981-the-effects-catuaba/

And now the sex drink

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/28/boost-sexual-mojo-amazon-herbs/

If you can find them should also get you shooting a real load. But if sex is now out of the window, could be time to get back to your boyhood days and masturbating, this will keep things ticking over for you, try different positions and different oils and include some edging, edging is a way of extending the time to ejaculation, this way you can enjoy yourself longer, your find out how to do them on pegym.

Do hope you find some help here.
Good Luck

stevesmw replied to queston's response:
I expect the prostatitis has a big effect on your control.
I have had BPH for quite a while and I felt a stronger urge to orgasm at times. Inner stimulation as opposed to external stimulation. Masturbation seemed to help. I have a few personal milestones. Age 50, orgasmed twice without withdrawing. Unusual for me at any age. Age 60, the strongest orgasm I ever had in my life. The irresistible force met the immoveable object. Age 62, got my first ed prescription and started to develop Peyrones. Which originally was an upturn of my penis and later less firmness toward the head. Age 67, loss of sensation to my penis so that an orgasm is more internally fueled than externally fueled. Today, good sexual experience is when I know that I am going to orgasm (not a sure thing). The orgasm itself isn't much more than the preorgasm.

I started taking l-citrulline from a recommendation here and it definitely increased the amount of semen.

An_257414 responded:
You raised a nice discussion Johnwad. Intensity of orgasm is one of the major concern of aging males often overlooked. People are mostly focused on discussing ED problems.

kramer1961 responded:
Johnwad, I like Stevesmw's response best because I think it keys in on your self description as a borderline sex addict.

Attempting fewer orgasms, and delaying orgasm is the best way I know to get a stronger one. It means you'll have less of them, which will put pressure on your desire to have more. So it may be a quality vs quantity situation and age is a real issue. None of us are as young as springtime I'm afraid.

Here is something I tried though, and since you've been practicing kegels it might work for you: seek out information on male multiple orgasms. I tried this for a time, and found that it was a lot of hard work and for me ultimately not worth it, but here is what I found out:

Through practice and strengthening through kegels I was able to have multiple orgasms, although I never did have more than two in a row. The reason was that in order to have multiple orgasms you must attain orgasm without ejaculation. You have to repress the latter...at least until the last orgasm. It takes strength, timing, and discipline. It works and its very cool, however, the second orgasm was always so intense that I never could manage the discipline to withhold ejaculation the second time. Very intense it was, and I was in my 50's too.

So, if you're looking for a challenge, pursue multiple orgasms and have a ball. You may find its right up your alley. The first orgasm was great, but the second was a mind blower. I'm afraid a 3rd might have killed me...lol.

kram

stevesmw replied to kramer1961's response:
I never tried kegels. I did what is referred here as edging.
I was able to have multiple near orgasms and they were satisfying enough that I have even fallen asleep during intercourse and wakened later with my penis in my partners vagina, which was a real treat. If I did orgasm after near orgasms the feeling was more intense when I was older.
When I was younger (thirties) any orgasm was intense.

Helpful Tips

Premature ejaculation- helpful hintsExpert
Several things that can help Condoms with benzocaine. This is similar to medicine the dentist use for numbing. It is at a lower dose and ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website