Skip to content
My wife's experiencing vaginal pain
An_257223 posted:
Before my wife gave birth via C-section we enjoyed painless intercourse, however 5 months following c-section my wife has been having extreme pain whenever we try. Before she started dating me she had been with other men smaller then I, and once we got active she had some pain the first couple times until her body got used to my girth(or width or whatever.) I believe that maybe her vagina over corrected back to her original size, is that possible or is there another problem.

nohard responded:
Hi I think its like you have said, just gone backwards, the only thing you can try is lots of foreplay, this should relax her vagina, with extra lubrication, let her get on top of you and let her take control, let her be in charge to see how much she can take at a time.
If its ok with her and the baby, try doing this nightly for a week and see how it goes.
Don't forget lots of lubrication, try coconut oil, extra virgin, or almond oil.
If your still having problems post to Dr Betty Dodson on www.dodsonandross.com she will answer your questions, if you go on site you will see why, you may even find more help without posting to her.
Do hope this helps.
Good Luck

georgiagail replied to nohard's response:
And the medically accurate answer (instead of just guesses) can be found in the research done on the differences in painful intercourse between women who have undergone vaginal delivery and those who have undergone C-sections.

The reports of increased pain were statistically higher in women who had delivered via C-section:

From J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2005 Apr;27(4):332-9
"A comparison of urinary and sexual outcomes in women experiencing vaginal and Caesarean births. Klein MC, Kaczorowski J, Firoz T, Hubinette M, Jorgensen S, Gauthier R.
Overall, both primiparous and multiparous women who had intact (no tear/cut) perineums after vaginal birth had less dyspareunia (pain during intercourse) than those undergoing caesarean section. Vaginal birth 26.2% compared to caesarean section 40.7%. A caesarean is not a guaranteed way to protect a woman's sex life or avoid incontinence. Women after a caesarean have reported pain during or when attempting intercourse for many months."

In this research the size of the partners penis played no role in this; rather the deciding factor was the type of delivery (vaginal versus C-section).

Gail

nohard replied to georgiagail's response:
Well GG as you should have read its been many months, but my more fun trying to get her to relax with lots of foreplay.

End of the day this is a couple looking for help? yes

Now do you think your answer is helpful?

NOWHARD

fcl replied to nohard's response:
Nohard, 5 months after giving birth, whether vaginal or by c-section, is not "many months". Not all women's bodies heal at the drop of a hat after childbirth.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

fcl responded:
OP - I highly recommend that your wife talk to her gyn about this. Is she breastfeeding?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Premature ejaculation- helpful hintsExpert
Several things that can help Condoms with benzocaine. This is similar to medicine the dentist use for numbing. It is at a lower dose and ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website