Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

An_257719 posted:
georgiagail responded:

nohard responded:
Hi So your the one then, the only man who dose want ED.

So why? trying to give up your sex life then?

The rest of us fight it so we don't give up our sex lives.

Well all I can say then it yours, you can have it, welcome to the world of ED, may you never get another erection.

All you need to do is add some bromide in a hot drink once a day and your away, good bye erections.

I would just love to say good luck, but I wont.
An_257414 responded:
Cut the tool and you'll be impotent forever!!!
apar71 replied to An_257414's response:
One can still live after that?
Can this be operated upon?

Any suggestions on how this may be done?

tlkittycat1968 replied to apar71's response:
I don't think An_257414 was being serious. There is no ethical doctor who will do that.

The important question is why do you want to become impotent?
apar71 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
want to punish myself for passing on STD to my spouse.
This is the only way that I would never repeat this again
Anon_475 replied to apar71's response:
No, there is another solution. Divorce her and set her free.
Anon_134193 replied to apar71's response:
apar71, I see that you are hurting. I see that you want to make this better but can't. Losing your ability to have sex won't take away her disease. If you stay married to her, pay her doctor bills so she can be well and apologize to her every day.

If you are serious about wanting to become impotent, purchase a good long term chastity device and keep it on 24/7. Give her the keys. Keep the area clean in the shower and watch for chafing and such, but after a while your skin will lose its elasticity, your body will get used to no sex, and you will not have to worry about your troublesome erections.

Alternatively, seek advice from a good counselor so you can get out of this trap of self punishment. Self punishment doesn't solve anything at all, it just puts you in servitude.
stevesmw replied to Anon_134193's response:
Erections are very much impacted by thoughts. A sexual situation has a bigger impact on my erection than Viagra.

There is nothing wrong with erections, it's what you choose to do with them.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website