Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lies or truth
An_257808 posted:
So I recently found out I got an std from my boyfriend. He said he cheated on me while I was pregnant but I got checked on my 30th week and was negative then again on my 6 week post op and negative as well until last week. He swears he hasn't cheated again but hard to believe, is there anyway my test results wouldn't show positive while I was pregnant or did he cheat again?

georgiagail responded:
Depends on what type of STD you were found to have. If the testing required swabbing the area to pick up the offending agent (typically done with bacterial based STD's) there's a possibility the agent could have been missed.

On the other hand, you already know you're involved with someone who cheats.

Being pregnant would have no effect on the accuracy of these tests.

Gail

An_257808 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for the response, it was chlamydia.

georgiagail replied to An_257808's response:
Chlamydia is a bacterial based STD; testing is typically done by swabbing the area with the goal of picking up the bacteria connected with this particular disease.

There is a possibility (although unlikely after these several tests) that the area you had this in was missed. However, if the wrong "orifice" was checked (for example, your vagina was swabbed and it was eventually found in your oral cavity) this would explain the difference.

There are those who would say "once a cheater, always a cheater" and that may not necessarily be the case. Not every incidence of having unprotected intercourse with someone infected with an STD will leave to transmission (although Chlamydia is an easy STD to pass on to someone). There is always the possibility that his cheating while you were pregnant left HIM infected and he just recently infected you with this STD.

Gail

An_257808 replied to georgiagail's response:
So I should get my daughter tested as well since I wasn't treated while I was pregnant?

georgiagail replied to An_257808's response:
There is no need to do this.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website