Skip to content
paranoid still from needle
ericstressed posted:
Hello again so i went out to eat yesterday with my gf and she told me that people were messaging her that they saw me shoot up at a party, now i am always worried that someone put a syringe in my arm while im drunk or asleep to infect me with hiv virus without me knowing . Now i dont shoot up could i have told someone to shoot me up with dope while i was drunk and not recall i did that gail tells me noone would shoot me up in my sleep and that i would wake up. I need help i have a really bad anxiety with this
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ericstressed responded:
I guess noone on this forum wants to help me anymore

tlkittycat1968 replied to ericstressed's response:
I don't think it's no one wants to help you it's that no one can. You have an irrational fear that you need to see a doctor about.

ericstressed replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
What makes you think noone would try and poke me with hiv blood filled syringes? And what makes you think i would wake up? Most people sleep deeply how would i wake up?

Anon_21189 replied to ericstressed's response:
You say "Most people sleep deeply.." in this situation it only matters how YOU sleep. Are you a deep sleeper? Do you sleep thru every noise and situation? Who are you hanging around with? Do you surround yourself with people who would try to kill one another? Why would you party with people you are skeptical of in that degree? Have you asked any of the people that were at the party about this? Have you confronted the people that texted your girlfriend?

You ask "what makes you think no one would try and poke me with hiv blood filled syringes?" I ask you What would make you think that anyone would do such a thing to you?

ericstressed replied to Anon_21189's response:
I am a deep sleeper and i hope noone would poke me in my sleep i guess i just have to accept that they did n i prob have hiv now

ericstressed replied to ericstressed's response:
What makes me think someone did this is because i talk alot about it and people know and im worried someone with hiv would poke me with a blood filled syringe because they dont like me and didnt want to feel alone with this disease and they wanted to infect me sigh i dont know if i would wake up either thats why

Anon_134193 replied to ericstressed's response:
It's pretty obvious that you are having trouble thinking clearly. Your anxiety is running away with you. I have two suggestions that I'm sure you won't take but I care so I will tell you anyway. Please, see a counselor about these irrational fears. They can help you think more clearly. Second, stop partying and for heavens sake, DON'T SLEEP AT PARTIES. That is something only a fool would do. Then, you KNOW if someone did something to you, right?

It is really highly doubtful that anyone actually stuck a needle in you. You would know anyway because you would feel the bruising from the injection, and see blood. Getting injected with ANYTHING is never completely painless so you would have felt it when you woke up at the very least.

I think I know what really happened. Someone said they saw you shoot up at a party because they knew that the very statement would worry you. They were right.

Stop worrying. I know it's hard, but stop. And find some friends that actually support you.

ericstressed replied to Anon_134193's response:
Thank you for caring your response is def helping and it means alot to me also well i did see dried blood comin from a scab on my stomach and also i saw a dot on my forearm,that had bruiaing around it and when i put my finger on my forearm and pressed it it hurt to the touch idk why it was so sore it was sore like that for days and had a dot marking lile a syringe marking on it sigh so and my stomach mark scabbed up and blood had dried coming of,it sowhat would u think,these marks are because they describe what u said,about bruising and blood

Then the best thing to do would be to go down to the health department and get checked for HIV. That way you know for sure. Also, please stop partying. If it isn't putting you in danger, it's at least causing you to be really paranoid. Paranoia is sometimes your mind's way of telling you to stop doing something that could harm you.

Ok thanks i plan on getting tested but do you honestly think the bloody scab marks n bruises that i am describing are ones from a syringe in my sleep....like someone took a syringe filled it with hiv blood and shot me up during sleep time?

I, personally, don't think it is the result of an injection. IHere is why: have never seen an injection scab up, usually it gets a little hard ring shaped bruise around it with sometimes dark purple mottling. What you report just doesn't match that. Of course, I can't look at it so of course I can't be sure.

If someone really injected you, you might also see signs of infection (lots of redness and heat in the area) if the needle were dirty. Not only should you be tested, you should have a doctor look at this if you really think you were injected, because infections can be hard to beat without a doctor's help. I'm not talking about HIV, I'm just talking about a normal garden variety puncture wound. If someone gave you a drug while you were asleep, you would be feeling a lot of after affects from that too. What you would feel would depend a lot on what they injected into you.

Either way, take care of yourself, and get that test when you can. I think it will give you peace of mind.

Well do u think ill be hiv neg from,this needle worry because i dont know if people would do that to me while im asleep or if i was drunk and had someone do this to me at a party i use condoms when i have sex so based on all this info u really think ill be neg

Yes, I still do, but a test will ease your mind. I still think it would be a really good idea if you toned down your drinking. You should not be so drunk that you don't know what's going on. That's just a recipe for disaster. The best thing to do is be responsible for yourself and remain at least aware of your surroundings at all times. That way, you can remember the fun you've had, AND nobody else will get a chance to do anything bad to you. It's better for your liver, too.

So ill get tested but all these dot marks redish circular marks if u were me what would u honestly think these marks are near my vein thwy look as small as syringe marks and if ur saying they arent what else could it be? U really think my roomate that doesnt like me at all woulsnt insert a hiv blood filled syringe in me while im passed out on the couch? Im saying thia becauae he hates me he even said he doesnt like me at all and every time i sleep i wake up to him like kinda,near me doing something. What do u think about thia then?

Helpful Tips

Clueless
I recently started a relationship and booth my boyfriend and I where tested, everything came out negative, so we started having unprotected ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website