Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is he addicted to sex?
pjduck posted:
We are both in our early 60's, and married 14 years. My husband has a lot of low back pain, even after having a fusion and disc replacement in 2009. He has always had an extremely strong sex drive as long as I've known him, and I would prefer to just skip the sex at this point in my life. In 15 years I have very rarely felt him to be soft, even after ejaculation he remains erect for at least an hour. He wants it every single morning and every single night, as well as any other time of the day that it "comes up", and I just can't keep up! He's happy to be pleasured other ways than intercourse, but it still seems to me like his sex drive is way over active for his age. I'm wondering if it's perhaps his back problems causing the constant desire? If so, how is this corrected...or can it be corrected? I have considered getting some salt peter to put in his food, unbeknownst to him...that's how annoying I find it. How can I cope with this??? We have had many discussions about it, and he is well aware that I do not want sex anywhere near often enough to completely satisfy him. We are otherwise extremely loving and close, to the point of holding hands wherever and whenever we are close enough to each other...in public or private. Help!

stevesmw responded:
A strong erection and sexual desire are signs of good health.
Both of these things are very important to a man.
As he gets older you can expect his erectile ability to lessen. I have a very high sex drive and erections were easy at age 62, then things started to go down hill.

Having an erection and then expecting intercourse is not reasonable. I would say that men generally have higher sex drives than women. The difference in sex drives is made up through masturbation. Unless you enjoy watching, it should be done in private. Many men masturbate in the morning when taking a shower.

Making love is about giving not taking. He needs to be more aware of you needs.

Anon_134193 replied to stevesmw's response:
One additional thing: saltpeter doesn't do anything to stop sexual desire other than making you sick if you eat it.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website