Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bumps on penis
An_257951 posted:
I am a 17 year old male who is looking for answers regarding my problems. I am uncircumcised and began masterbating around the age 13 or 14. Since I was young when I first began masterbating I wasn't too sure how so I started by just rubbing me penis head through my shorts and boxers until I would climax. I noticed small bumps appearing on my foreskin. I was too embarrassed to mention it to anyone but eventually spoke about it with my doctor when I was 16. At first my doctor said that it is genital warts which really got me scared but the thing is I am not sexually active. I have never received any sorte of sexual activity from anyone. I was then sent to a dermatologist who then told me that it is fordyce spots and that I had a yeast infection which brought me a huge sign of relief. These are little white bumps on my foreskin that do not irritate me at all. It does not itch, burn, hurt, etc. I also notice one or two blister like bumps on my foreskin which are really beginning to scare me. After researching a lot I'm beginning to believe it can possibly be a cyst but I could be wrong. I also read that it is symptoms of an untreated yeast infection or rough masterbation. I am just looking for some insight on what all this could be. None of these blisters or little bumps bother me physically, only psychologically. Is it possible to recieve an std even though I am a virgin and never had any sorte of sexual contact with anyone? What do you think these things are? Is it curable? I am so concerned because I am ashamed because I'm not a bad looking guy and id love to have a girlfriend but this prevents me from doing so. I don't want this affecting my sex life in the future when I'm looking to find a girlfriend and hopefully get married and have kids.

fcl responded:
I'll address the two points that are within my knowledge:

• You cannot possibly have an STD so you can relax about that

• This should not stop you having a girlfriend. Romantic relationships without sex are perfectly possible (some people abstain until marriage). Sooner or later you will find out that what you have is perfectly normal or find out how to treat it.

I also suggest that you post over on the urology board:

http://exchanges.webmd.com/urology
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

questionguy replied to fcl's response:
Thank you very much for the reply and this also brought me a sign of relief because I don't talk about any of this to others, this is my first time opening up to people besides my doctor.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website