Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Same problem.
miguelguerrero123 posted:
I have the same problem, but with my wife. Sex was normally three times a week, but after we got married it dropped to 1 time a week. Two years later I'm lucky if I get it once a month. When I explain to her how important sex is to me, she accuses me of only wanting her for sex. I never cheated on her and I never planned on doing that to her. I am very attractive to my wife and I don't know what to do. Honestly, I'm lost. I consider myself to be fairly attractive. I'm 5'11 tall and with some muscle definition. I can last hours during intercourse and I have a larger than average penis. I'm not trying to gloat or anything, I'm just lost and confuse. I try everything I can. I walk around in my underwear, I work out in front of her, and I lift weights in front of her. I tell her how pretty she is and how attractive she looks and I get nothing out of it. I always make sure she finishes when we do have sex and I always do most of the work during sex. I go down on her and I four play with her. I'm tired of hearing her tell me that she is too tired for sex or telling me that she will have sex with me on a particular night and then getting the cold shoulder when I approach her for sex.

Anyone have any suggestions?

richardpayne responded:
This is an issue of concern as you are very much interested in sex and she is not. Even though you have told her that how important is sex for you and still she is not participating in the sexual act. May be her sex drive has gone low or she doesn't wants to have sex with you. You need to consult a therapist who can help you out. Give it sometime and hopefully things will be fine!

stewartjames responded:
This may be a problem of lack of libido. Often this symptom is associated with menopause in women, but adult women of varying age groups have noted a decline in sex drive at some age. if you wish you can advice her to take ladygra 100mg, which will help her to gain libido level back and make her the same in bed as ever. if you wish you can buy the medicine at drugsdropship24.

georgiagail replied to stewartjames's response:
Perhaps the problem IS that you can "last hours during intercourse". While, for some reason, you find this a desirable trait, prolonged intercourse for many women just becomes painful and more of a chore than a joy for her. There are more than a few women who just wish "he'd get it over and done with so we can get with other things".

Stop parading around in front her in our underwear, lifting weights and working out in front of her. That may have impressed her when you two were dating but now that you're married she likely thinks you're looking rather foolish. Frankly, that's good for the "chase" but you've "caught" her in the sense you two are married. You're assuming that your physical appearance will "turn her on" as it may turn a male on seeing a female body but it may likely have the opposite response in a female.

The way you are acting with all this marching around showing off your body it's not hard to give out the message that yes, you do want her only for sex. Back off a bit on the physical aspect of this and focus more on setting up an actual evening where you two can talk, touch each other, relearn what kindles her passion WITHOUT necessarily rushing into the actual act of intercourse to finish things off.

Remember that in any relationship it's the person with the lowest sexual desire that holds the power in the relationship. Guess who that is here...

Gail

fcl responded:
You say that she claims she's too tired for sex - supposing that were true? How much do you do around the house? A lot of men find that they get much more sex when they help out more around the house. Try it and see - you might get better results from this than parading around in your underwear. I understand that you're proud of your body but it's not much of an aphrodisiac when you're exhausted.

Does your wife like it that you can last for hours? I mean, have you ever actually discussed this (outside of the bedroom with her? I ask because there are women who don't actually like being reamed for hours... Focussing on how long you last might be blinding you to her needs. She may prefer quality over quantity.

In any case, communication is always the key. Discuss your feelings with her and listen carefully to what she says in return.

How old is she? Do you have any children?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website