Skip to content
painless swelling of penis
An_258328 posted:
Hi.
I shaved my pubic region yesterday. And I applied a little phitkari (alum) on the whole region, including the length of my penis. There was some redness and itching so I applied some mustard oil before going to sleep. And since I got up this morning, my whole penis ihas been swollen. There is no pain, discomfort or burning sensation and I am passing urine without any problems.
What could this be? And why is this happening? And should I put some ice on it?
Please help.
Ps: There has been no sexual activity and no masturbation. I am 23 and healthy with no STDs.

georgiagail responded:
This is a reaction to the alum and mustard oil you put on the area last night. Cool water may help. No ice.

Gail

nohard responded:
Hi This swelling does it look like fluid retention? this would give it a blotted look?
If so I would just give it 24 hours, with luck it should just go down on its own.

And Alum this is used as an aftershave, but it tightens the skin, so cant see how this would have helped you?

But if you mix mustard oil and alum together, you get a mix for premature ejaculation? Yes, do you suffer from PE then?

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website