Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
spontaneous orgasm
Linda7250725 posted:
Just recently, I think I experienced a spontaneous orgasm. I'm 47, female. No erotic dreams, no touching, nothing. But absolutely feeling vaginal contractions and pleasure. Thinking back, I think it's occurred before. Anybody else?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Cat78fish responded:
Yes, I've had this occur too but I'm unsure of what causes it. I'm a 46 year old woman with a high sex drive--although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. They are not as strong as the orgasms I experience during intercourse but they are still there. It can be a bit unnerving if I'm not expecting it. I'm wondering if it's possible that it's caused by how much my panties rub against my genitals during the day? Maybe that's what's happening to you too? I seem to stay aroused alot even when I'm not particularly thinking erotic thoughts.

Donna

4oSomething responded:
I wish!!!!!!!

nope it's never happened to me.

g_man01 responded:
Hi Cat78fish,

You mind if I email you about something in private PLEASE!! Or you can email me. Thanks,

Cat78fish responded:
Yes, it's alright to e-mail me at Cat78fish@bellsouth.net

Donna

Babseboo responded:
YES YES YES, and it's been happening since I started college. I've notice it comes when I'm sleeping AND when I"m awake. Doing the times I'm awake, it's usually during long road trips or plane trips and in a lecture when I'm not paying any attention. They're very intense, like someone turn on a switch and all of my senses are heighten. I'm 34, my doctor feels its the vibration of the plane or car but it doesn't explain the times when I'm just sitting in a chair reading or listening to a lecture or song. My doctor also suggested that I may have increase male hormones that explains my increase libido. I've done my on online search of the matter and you problem have better luck under the title of "extragenital orgasm" instead using the word spontaneous the studies seem to interchange the term. This one paper even suggested that it can occur during breast feeding, while a hairdresser shampoo your hair, even looking at a scenic picture: www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/cgi/reprint/16/3/240.pdf I've also found that certain medications can cause spontaneous orgasms as a "side effect" and also seizures of the temporal lobe : emedicine.medscape.com/article/1186872-overview

hopes this helps, and ur not alone

Brittany_D responded:
I have it happen to me during my sleep sometimes. I won't even be having a sexual dream and it happens. It wakes me up out of my sleep. I've never had it while I was awake. It might have something to do with what you were doing at the time, like any moving. I've heard of women who get orgasms from normal everyday movements.

Cat78fish responded:
I just recently bought a different kind of panties--ones that don't have a seams down the middle--and they don't rub up against my clitoris as much during every day activities and that seems to help a lot. I produce quite a bit of fluid when I orgasm and I don't want to be sitting in a business meeting when it happens as that would be embarrassing. I don't have very much of a clitoral hood over my clitoris so my clitoris is easily stimulated.

Donna

momof2boys81 responded:
If this is something that is causing you pain, discomfort, frustration, embarrassment, anxiety, etc., please contact me directly. My story may scare you but I want to help any women I can to avoid the experience I had. There is a medical condition associated with this, if it is the same as I experienced, and continue to experience, which is a constant, unprovoked feeling of vibration on my clitoris...it literally feels like there is a vibrator permanently attached. I am in the process of being treated for this condition, but finding someone who actually deals with this condition was not easy. But it is a real condition, you are not imagining it, and there is hope for treatment. I know how humiliating it can be, so please please please contact me if you need to talk about it or would like to hear more about my story. I know how horrible it is and I would be more than willing to help research doctors in your area that may be able to help you! My email address is: FightPGAD@aol.com

PrettiiDeadii responded:
Hm, I think it's happened to me before but I'm not too sure. I DO know that if my underwear is rubbing against me down there, yes, I get turned on. I'm extremely sensitive down there and almost all the time wet lol...soooo I kinda get what you're saying. It's probably normal though if most of us experience it.

tracyeb1 responded:
am a 45yr female and i have had these experiences lately a lot. No sexual contact in dream, Once I even was in middle of a very disturbing dream and it happened. It took a lot to wake myself up from dream, I too have a very, very High sex drive but nothing like this before, Its been going on like 2 months now

cindylynnrose responded:
i've believed in this for years. i know it sounds crazy to most people, but i know i have unassisted orgasms and i feel i can control them. it might sound creepy, but i started masterbating when i was about 8 or 9. i have a high libido, and enjoy sex a lot. i'm lucky that i have someone that i have been with for 34 years and we have always had an active and fullfilling sex life. some people might think this is a bunch of bunk, but i don't care. my urges and episodes are more prevolent during a full moon, in and around. again i know that sounds like bunk, but think of how the moon pulls at the tide, i know it controls my biorhythm as well. just my rambling thoughts...

mhtyler2 responded:
I don't think its bunk. Young children are apparently capable of orgasm, and also apparently masturbate, and certainly explore a good deal. Spontaneous orgasm is something I've only experienced as a male nocturnally, and then only once in my life. It was a bit of a shock though.

As for women: the spectrum of female sexuality ranges from zero to 100. Women are all so different in their libidos, and they have multiple points that can bring about orgasm, so the idea that some of them are walking down the street and suddenly orgasming doesn't surprise me in the least.

crazyfoot40 responded:
cindylynnrose...Lucky you. Tom

LovesickLupe responded:
It happened to me from the time I was around 20 yo. Usually during sleep and it woke me. I would have all the motions and feelings of a huge orgasm. It felt like my vagina, cervix, and clitoris all got in on the action! Left me breathless and sweating!!

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website