Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My boyfriend has a large penis...
sepilla posted:
...and recently it has started giving us some problems. We've been having sex since about January 30th. His penis is roughly 8 inches long and about 6.5" around. So... it's a little monstrous! I'm generally very tight (I've given up doing Kegel (sp?) exercises because I want to be able to accommodate him) and recently I think we ripped something because I bled a little after intercourse. We waited about a day or 2 and had sex again tonight and I started bleeding again, probably because the last tear didn't heal up enough.

We usually use lube and take at least a few minutes trying to fit him in. Is that enough or should we take it even slower? It seemed a lot easier at the beginning of our sexual relationship. Should I wait more than 2 or 3 days before we have sex again? Is there anything I can do to "stretch" myself out? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks! -Sarah
FirstPrevious12NextLast

BabiiB358 responded:
Me and you are having the same problem right now Wait a few days won't work because all it's gon do is repair itself and it just going to go back tight. I really don't know what to tell you besides doing it more often... cause that will let him loosen it the more yall do it and break it in. May sound kind of odd. But it helped me a little.... Im still in the process so..but it has been a little better.

And if you don't mind me asking, what is kegel exercises?

THM1977 responded:
BabiiB358, kegel exercises are something that you do to tighten the muscles in your vagina so that it will feel nice and tight for your partner during intercourse and also they help us with holding urine longer.

done4good responded:
" doing it more often... cause that will let him loosen it the more yall do it and break it in. May sound kind of odd. But it helped me a little.... " This information is contrary to the board's consensus opinion regarding penis size. I hope you aren't attacked for it.

Cat78fish responded:
BabiiB, the reason sex usually feels better the more you do it with the same person--no matter what the size of his penis is and no matter how "tight" (which by the way refers to how tight your PC muscles are and really has nothing to do with the size of your vagina) you are--is because you naturally become more relaxed the longer you are with someone. When you are relaxed, it's much easier to produce the lubrication that makes sex so enjoyable for the woman.

Case in point, I have no problems getting my husband's penis to "fit" even though he's thicker than the OP's boyfriend but my gynecologist says that I'm so small that he has to use the smallest speculum he has in order to do the pap smear. The only difference is that in the gynecologist's office, I am not relaxed or aroused (meaning I'm not lubricating) whereas I am with my husband. Being relaxed and sufficiently lubricated can make all the difference in the world in terms of getting a large penis to "fit".

Donna

sepilla responded:
It's really interesting that you bring that up because I noticed that the last time we had sex I was way more nervous because I was afraid of something tearing again. It's like a vicious cycle! We haven't had sex yet (just making sure things are healing enough and correctly) but I think I'll try breathing exercises or something to get me to calm down beforehand. Not to give anyone here the wrong impression of me but I've also noticed that when I've been drinking it's been a lot easier because I'm more relaxed. Obviously I don't want to have to get a buzz before having sex with him, but it could help as a segue. Thoughts?

Tarzbanan responded:
I have a similar problem and no one I have posted to has givin me a legitimate answer, maybe you can help

I have a situation that requires your expert advice. I have tried other online advice and have never been taking seriously. I have an abnormally large penis and it is causing physical and emotional issues for me and my wife. To begin, my flaccid penis ranges from 10 inches to 11.5 inches long depending on the day and about 9 inches around (just a bit thicker than a soda can), which as you can guess, causes clothing issues for me. My wife is constantly telling me to ?put it somewhere, people can see it?. Of course there is really nowhere to put it. I tuck it as much as I can, but then it looks like I have two soda cans and a baseball in the back of my pants. Both of us have begun to get serious anxiety in the mornings over my ?getting dressed rituals? and its affecting our relationship. Any suggestions?

The other issues we have, involve intercourse. When erect, my penis is about 16 inches to 17 inches measured along the top. If measured from underneath?its about 18 to 19 inches and its 13 inches around at the head (about the size of a cantaloupe). It gets thicker as you approach the base, but I haven?t measured since that part never gets close to going in. The problems are obvious, and although there are actually some positions (she says) that don?t hurt, many times after the adrenaline is gone, she lays curled in a ball in bed for up to an hour. She enjoys being on top (after we get going) and as long as she lays flat on my stomach I can keep most of me out of her and we seem to do ok. But when she gets over exited, she tends to try to sit back or up a little, and at that point I can feel and hear things moving around way up in there that I don?t think should be moving around. I guess the adrenaline is so strong, she doesn?t feel it. But then ends up crying on the bed in a ball. Can you please help? Are there any exercises she can do, or maybe if I take estrogen or something, can I make it smaller? Any and all suggestions would be helpful. I love her and hate to see her in pain. Thank you

4oSomething responded:
my ex husband was longer and thicker than that, I am very small.... and I never ripped. the only problems came from when he would sometimes hit my cervix. The reason I think you had a vaginal tear is because it sounds like your idea of foreplay is using a lubricant and then taking a few minutes to try fit his penis in. I think you need to spend a good half hour on real foreplay first, including oral sex and at least one orgasm before you attempt intercourse.

4oSomething responded:
Tarzbanan you need to call the guiness book of records. not only are you bigger than the largest recorded human penis, but you are probably the first man in history with a 19 inch erection. most men over 11 inches can't even get a totally full completely hard erection due to the blood flow issues. estrogen may help you grow breasts, and have difficulty with getting an erection, but I doubt it will shrink your penis. I suppose your wife could try those perrenium stretches that pregnant women try when they want to avoid having to have an episiotomy in childbirth.

AnotherJohnDoe responded:
I would like to think that I'm decently sized but not especially large. I was with my ex for years and she used to bleed a little on occasion after some more enthusiastic sex. Is that the issue or is it something more?

Tarzbanan responded:
No its more than bleeding, I can feel (and hear) all of her organs getting slammed around way up in there, and she just gets into the moment and doesnt want to stop. Then when we are done, she is (many times) in horrible pain, to the point of tears. She just lays there all balled up for about an hour ans I rub her hand till she goes to sleep. The next morning shes usually hunched over

Cat78fish responded:
I'm really at a loss at what to tell you. None of us are experts but just common everyday people and most are without medical degrees.

As large as you are, I'm surprised you are able to fit any of your penis inside her. It just sounds horribly painful to me. I don't think I could even open up enough to accomodate a 13" girth much less get comfortable enough for sex. I'm even more surprised she wants to keep having sex with you given that she is in horrible pain after sex. It doesn't sound like anything I'd want to go through more than once. I think if I were you, I'd talk to a doctor about the possibility of penis reduction surgery--especially if it can be done without risking losing the ability to get an erection. How often do you have sex? I just can't help wondering if you've already done harm to her internal organs.

As far as the clothing issue, maybe you can find pants that are fuller in front. Some of the better men's stores have pleated pants that look like they have more fullness to them and a lower crotch and still look attractive.

Donna

Tarzbanan responded:
Well we used to have sex alot more often than we do now, just because we have been in a relationship for three years. But Id say still 2-3 times a week. Sometimes its not as bad as others only because it takes quite a bit of arousing to get me all the way up to 17-18 inches. Sometimes its only 15 or 16", but then we have other issues. If you think its difficult getting 13" girth in when its hard, try getting about 11"-12" girth in when its soft!! So I dont know. We love each other deeply but I hate to see her hurt all the time. AS for the clothes...I wear jeans most of the time. I have tried the pleats, and the type of material that usually has pleats is thinner and shows ALOT worse. Its like I said, front or back...its difficult to hide two soda cans and a baseball...LOL

easyliv responded:
bu@@s@@t

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website