Skip to content
Sex after Inguinal Hernia Surgery?
mikeapples104 posted:
I had an Inguinal Hernia fixed on Monday (not the method using mesh, as I'm only 17). I've been wondering how long I need to wait before engaging in any sort of sexual activity. I've read up and found a few different answers. Some seem to say as long as I'm not straining myself I can engage in sexual activities, some say to wait from 1-3 weeks. Is there an issue with ejaculation after the surgery? Do I need to wait for my body to heal before I can come? Or can I, for example, receive oral sex (since I'd be just sitting/laying down and not exerting myself) and ejaculate without any problems?

FCL responded:
Talk to your doctor. We don't know the precise conditions of your hernia. How many times would you be willing to be operated (because repeat surgery is pretty common for hernias)...?

mikeapples104 responded:
Well does having a hernia fixed affect any of the tubes or anything like that involved in ejaculation? I have one approx. 2 inch inscision on the lower left side of my abdomen.

mikeapples104 responded:
what i meant by describing the inscision was that it was not laproscopic or mesh.

LoveYorkies responded:
The hernia repair would not affect any of your sexual organs or affect ejaculation that way. The risk is tearing open the incision or recreating the hernia by exerting yourself before you have sufficiently healed. If you cannot take a break be sure to be gentle and avoid increasing the pressure in your abdomen too much by doing things such as bearing down (like when you have a bowel movement) and flexing your abdominal muscles. Oral is probably more safe than intercourse and if you really must have sex perhaps let your partner be on top as long as she is aware of your incision site and does not irritate it. Best bet is try to lay off until you are healed and if you really want an answer give your doctor a call. The best we can do on this board is speculate because we are not doctors. Good luck.

ShanellRobo responded:
Consult your doctor just to be on the safe side.

mikeapples104 responded:
Alright, thanks a lot guys! I'm going to lay off for a few more days, and depending on how I feel will try oral and go from there.

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website