Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sore penis after sex
ktlee12 posted:
My boyfriend and I have a good healthy sex drive and fairly frequent sex (3-5 times a week?) After sex, he gets sore and its to the point where he has to slather on neosporin....is this a reaction to me or what is going on? Too frequent?

Cat78fish responded:
This is just a theory but could it be that you are a little on the tight side for him and/or you don't have very much lubrication (which means a lot of friction)? My husband sometimes says the same thing after sex even though I produce a lot of lubrication. My gynecologist has verified that I am very tight and he has to use the smallest speculum he has to do the examination so I believe my husband when he says it feels very tight on him and even more so when I orgasm. It's gotten a lot better since I've stopped doing kegels but it's still pretty tight on him sometimes. If you don't produce a lot of lube, about the only thing I can suggest is to use plenty of the store bought kind and see if that helps. Donna

Duckblind responded:
One of my past gf was VERY tight. At first I thought I went into the wrong hole! Anyway, from that past experience I never got sore. I'm guessing you may need to try using some lube.

Cat78fish responded:
Hey Duckblind, wouldn't she be sore too after sex if there wasn't enough lubrication? I'm just curious. I've never had the problem of not enough lubrication but my husband has also complained that I feel too tight on his penis before. He says that when I orgasm, it's like I have alternating viselike grips (I can't think of a better way to describe the contractions) on the head of his penis and if he or I move at the wrong time, it hurts him. Do you know how difficult it is to not move when the sensations of the orgasm overwhelm you? One thing that does help is if I can have the presence of mind to push out instead of pulling in with my muscles when I orgasm but that takes practice as well and if you wait too long, it doesn't work. I can't think of any other solutions to this problem. Donna

getinthere responded:
I agree with the others on making sure there is enough lube. Also, I am wondering why he is putting neosporin on his unit afterwards. It is not a pain-reliever, it just helps cuts, scrapes, etc heal (close) faster with minimal scarring. Are there any wounds afterwards???

LoveMyIssues responded:
Don't mean to digress, but they now make a Neosporin "with pain relief." It's good stuff -- although I've never had the need to apply it to my penis...

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website