Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breastfeeding husbands
38dd43 posted:
My husband has always liked my breasts a lot but now that I am breastfeeding our baby he is more interested. He thinks breast feeding is the most womanly thing and he waqnts to partake of it. I have already let him try it and it wasn't too bad for me. I like to think of it as providing a service when I can't take any more activity. It's supposed to be good for us too. He enjoyed it so much. He wants to do it every day. Anyone else's husband into this?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Tammy1999 responded:
what are you talking about ??? breasting feeding ?? Are you meaning he wants to feed the baby like when you pump the milk and put it in a bottle or what?

Elle0317 responded:
No Tammy, she is talking about the husband breast feeding off of her, not feeding the baby with breast milk pumped off and into a bottle. The husband is latched onto her breast and drinking her milk like a baby would do. And there are quite few husbands who like to do this, I think it borders on a fetish. I had an ex b/f who talked about wanting to try if we ever decided to have a baby.

LoveMyIssues responded:
I suppose we could get all Freudian and speculate that husbands whose mothers stopped breastfeeding them too early, or bottle-fed them from birth are the ones with this "fetish" (if that's how we're going to classify it). I can tell you I tried it when my son would fall back to sleep after nursing on only one side during a midnight feeding. It was very frustrating for my wife to have her milk let down and the baby not taking it. It was i hard. Gave me a new respect for the suction muscles in those poochy cheeks babies have. :eek:

militarywife08 responded:
i have read another post about this same thing! I would say, cool as long as the baby is full!!! :sillygrin: ROFL...

OnlyinTexas responded:
I have helped my wife when her breast were ingorged...I liked the action but the milk is not very tasty....at least it was not too good to me....I guess it could be different for others...

jeppy212 responded:
I agree with Militarywife, as long as the baby is getting enough and if you are ok with it, go ahead and let your husband nurse too. As for my personal feelings, I wish that I could have been able to breastfeed my daughter, yes I am her father, and it has been only very recently that I have learned that men can, with training and sometimes using hormones, can breastfeed. Also if it was possible for me to give birth to a child, I would sooooo love to be able to do that. But back to the breastfeeding issue, unfortunately the Wonderful Woman who I am remarried to now is not able to have anymore children, which upsets both of us a bit, so my dream of breastfeeding will be just that, a dream. :sad:

40Something1960 responded:
nope I can't say my husband was ever into that, and that is good because I would not have been into mothering him in that way.

ksmith06 responded:
Here is something for you. I was at a family reunion and my cousin was breastfeeding her baby, when he started to demand to be fed again within a half an hour. Her husband just looked at her and said "What do you expect me to do?" I looked at him and said, "yours are considered pacifiers!" He turned 9 shades of red.

38dd43 responded:
apparently you don't have to have a baby to lactate. Milk is brought on by nipple stimulation, not birth. It usually takes about 4 days of trying to nurse before the milk comes in and so without the added hormonal stimulation of birth, it might take you and your wife a little longer to get it going. I find it great because my sex drive is low and my husband doesn't mind as long as he gets some physical intimacy. www.asklenore.com

haylee5282 responded:
Did anyone read "Grapes of Wrath"?? ha ha ha! :sillygrin:

jeppy212 responded:
Thanks K. That made me giggle :sillygrin: But, yes a bit envious, wishing that I could be in a situation like that and be able to give assistance and take my turn breastfeeding the baby.

gadahehs1016 responded:
my husband has always liked my breasts and was curious about what breast milk would taste like. one night after i had fed our son, he asked to try it himself. it felt odd at first but we both began to enjoy the sensations aroused by it, especially during the time frame where i was recovering from the birth. we were able to be intimate without penetration and maintain our closeness. so my advice....if you BOTH enjoy it and your child is fed and happy...relax and enjoy.

samantha4u responded:
My husband loves my breasts as well and loves to breastfeed. I probably is kinky, but, we both enjoy. Good luck, Samantha :lightsmile:

luvmy2babiesmuch responded:
i still BF our 19 months old LO, and did w/ my son as well,, DH tried it several times.. as I have too... it's sweet, and not far from regular milk, i have heard that many men like to do it,, i don't think anything a big deal, as long as the 2 of you are ok w/ it... feed LO first, and then let DH suck away.. you've just got 2 babies, but look at it this way- you'll have PLENTY of milk, for which ever one wants it.. and PP is correct, you do not have to give birth to lactate, many adoptive mothers do it for the new baby. as animals will do it, for orphans. MY DH thinks it's the sweetest, most natural, and most rewarding thing ever too... he thinks it a miracle that i am able to do that, and that my body makes milk..... he's VERY pro BF,, his friends thinks he's weird, i'm sure... once we were out of creamer for his coffee, and he used it for several mornings... he/he/he go with it!!

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website