Skip to content
Vagina location
winniesmom1 posted:
I'm wondering if all women's vagina are set in different places. For instance, my boyfriend tells me I have a "low-set vagina", and I've heard someone say before their girlfriend had a "high-set vagina". Is this real? Nobody has ever told me that before, but when we have sex he tells me he can't believe how low it is. He is above average size, by the way so insertion wouldn't otherwise be a problem. Anyone else have this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Cat78fish responded:
I have absolutely no clue what your boyfriend is talking about. I have been having sex for some 26+ years and I have never heard the terms "low-set" or "high-set" vagina. Is he trying to use the excuse that penetration is difficult because you have a "low-set" vagina? I would say if he has a problem with insertion it's either because he has a problem with not being hard enough and/or you are not relaxed enough (and/or lubricated enough) to make penetration possible. It likely has nothing to do with the "position" of your vagina (which by the way can't possibly vary that much from woman to woman).

Donna

FCL responded:
Well, vaginas like noses are always in much the same place. If he's having trouble with insertion, I suspect it has to do with the angle of insertion. Try raising your hips a bit or tilting your pelvis ...

4oSomething responded:
in 28 years of having sex I have never heard this term either. it's not like havig a high or low forehead lol.

LMIthe2nd responded:
I"ve never heard these terms, but I may have had an experience that corresponds... My last GF seemed to be at a lower entry angle than other women I've been with. I kinda had to come at her lower in missionary position, whereas we could manage doggy style with her flat on her tummy and just tilting her backside up a little. Is that a "low set vagina?" I don't know. It did seem unique (in my experience anyhow) to her...

In any event, it had next-to-zero effect on our sex life. We managed quite well.

done4good responded:
The locations have always been more or less the same for each and every one of my ladies. The only difference I ever noted was the size of their posterior. A larger rump, naturally caused the portal to be somewhat elevated.

FCL responded:
Lol, done4good, of course! I hadn't thought of that!

mjandmpk responded:
I have noticed that there is some variation in the location of a woman's vagina. The best way I can think to explain it is that bodies come in all shapes and sizes. The vaginal opening (and anus for that matter) are going to be located on an arc somewhere between the tail bone and the pubic bone. Not that big of an area for variation, but there can be some. A vagina that is closer to the tail bone may be easier to enter in doggy position, but less easy in missionary (and vice versa).

DW's vagina happens to be closer to her pubic bone so doggy isn't as easy with her as it had been with others.

mp

AbstractLove19 responded:
after placing many catheters in people - yes some vaginas are "lower" than others. Basically in the same spot - but basically what the other poster stated - they can be a little higher or little lower or smack dab in the middle - if you will.

KarmaIndeed responded:
I had taken a medical terminology class before and in that class we learned that the opening of a penis and a vagina can differ greatly. there are even extreme cases for men where the hole is on the top of bottom of the shaft.

zack123 replied to mjandmpk's response:
it makes sense what you say. at first, i was wondering if the problem was that my girlfriend is taller than my ex girlfriend. but i just can't do doggy style. i am not sure how to say it, but her vagina is very low(closer to her pubic bone) like you said. i believe that in order to do doggy style, we would have to have anal sex. when she gets on her knees, it looks perfect for anal sex, but no for vaginal sex. it is kind of disappointing since doggy style is my favorite position,and it looks like i will have to forget about that position. but i am glad that we are not the only ones with this problem.

Papasmurf responded:
Yes, some Vaginas are more toward the back, hence the phrase down and under while others are closer to the front, the up and over. You can tell by the poison of the labia, if it is clearly seen while the female is standing it is in the front. If you can see the Laban while the female walks away it is in the lower position.

Papasmurf replied to zack123's response:
You are observation is correct. Having attended college in the early 70's before all the diseases and the era of free love the guys would label the girls.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website