Skip to content
Loss of erection after ejaculation
folderf posted:
I was wondering if it's common to lose an erection after ejaculating. If I prematurely ejaculate I would like to continue performing until my partner has been satisfied. Is this an PE or ED issue or something in my brain?

Jumper197074857 responded:
It's neither PE or ED. It's normal. Younger guys may be able to retain an erection or regain another erection shortly after ejaculation. But as you get older, it becomes tougher. If you're worried about not satisifying your partner, try oral sex or the use of a vibrator on her before having sex.

4oSomething responded:
yes it is common (and perfectly normal) to lose your erection after you ejaculate. It's as common as getting an erection in the first place when you are aroused.

70% of women can not reach orgasm through intercourse alone, without additional clitoral stimulation regaurdless of how long their partner keeps an erection.

If your partner is disatisfied, try giving her at least one orgasm through foreplay before you even begin intercourse, and/or waiting until she is on the verge of orgasm before you begin intercourse. then it really will not matter how long you last.

Helpful Tips

Premature ejaculation- helpful hintsExpert
Several things that can help Condoms with benzocaine. This is similar to medicine the dentist use for numbing. It is at a lower dose and ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website