Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need help staying wet during sex
destiny18_me98 posted:
Hello Everyone. I am a healthly 27 year old female. I love having sex. i been with my boyfriend for alomst 2 years. Sometimes during sex I can't stay wet and it si affecting our sex life. We tryed lube and that don't work because that only keep me wet for a short period of time. Is there any medicine or something that I can try to stay wet during sex.? Please help me out.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Cat78fish responded:
What kind of lube are you using--water based or silicon based? I have heard that silicon based last longer.

Donna

40Something1960 responded:
if sex drags on for a long time it is normal that you would not stay wet. it is only if you aren't getting wet to begin with that would indicate a problem. There is no medicine for it at your age, only for older women who suffer dryness due to menopase which is not your issue at your age.

there are some things that could be responsible for insuffient lubrication at your age, such as tampon use, caffiene consumption, cigatette smoking, insufficient water intake etc. But I doubt even that is your problem or you would have issues getting wet to begin with.

there are dozens of different lubes on the market, not everyone is happy with the first brand they try.

LoveMyIssues responded:
I hesitate to state the obvious, but it's OK to add more lube later if you need it. My current GF gets plenty wet, but she likes me to manually bring her to orgasm after coitus and by that time sometimes she has gotten a little dry. We just keep a bottle of lube in the nightstand and reach for it whenever it's needed.

bob249 responded:
We're a bit more, er, uh - mature ...

Natural lubrication has diminished ...

CVS generic works well for us, and it comes in the convenient LARGE bottle!

I probably wouldn't need it, but you Know how she gets

Seriously, if the sporting event goes into overtime, take the referee's time out for additional preparation - you will BOTH win!

booster_s responded:
Have a bath and you can acheive it !

Taramustknow responded:
I just didnt want you to feel left out. I am also 27. I have had two kids actually you make me feel better. I was worried. I too love my sex life and have had the same problems. I have some lube I know how you feel though. Should be able to on our own.

helplily responded:
I'm with the above comment. I'm 19 years old and I've recently dried out. Lube is faulty too. I have extremely dry eyes, dry skin, and dry vagina. I take fish oils and drink gallons of water but that doesn't help much. I'm going to be screwed by the time I'm 30. Maybe my situation will make you feel better?

nohard replied to helplily's response:
Hi Try this get yourself on a course of vitamin B 6 you may find this helps, I have an article on this and the writer is very happy with the results, works for all but 3 days a month.
Good Luck

fcl replied to helplily's response:
Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Given your symptoms, you might want to google "Sjogren's syndrome". Just a thought ...

PS - try a different type of lube, NOT a water-based one, maybe try a silicone based one?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

billnjenn replied to nohard's response:
At 27 and certainly at 19, it would be best to check with a doctor first to make sure there are no issues. Some medications, foods, supplements can cause issues. Prolonged sex acts etc.

But for the most part lack of lubrication is mainly an issue that should not confront you for about 20 years.

After making sure there are no medical issues, try different lubes and re-apply if needed.

But if you are talking about dryness at 27 after an hour or so of sex eliminate any medical issues first. Now if we are talking 3 or more hours of penetration or heavy use of a dildo or vibrator, then keep the jumbo size bottle or tube of lube close.

xnj57 replied to helplily's response:
Astroglide is available online. A bit pricy but effective.

billnjenn replied to xnj57's response:
WalMart, Walgreens and others offer lubes at discount prices and even offer generics(that match formula for astroglide, Ky etc) that work very well for most people. Try them out. As in most products, some brands and formulas work better for some people.

nohard replied to nohard's response:
Hi Just to back what I said would help.
B-Vitamins

B-complex vitamins will help your body deal with the day-to-day stresses that can cause vaginal dryness. These water-soluble vitamins need to be replenished in the body each day; they work to stabilize the adrenal glands, and also relieve stress while stabilizing the immune system. They are also integral to the formation of red blood cells that bring blood and lubrication to the vagina.

Omega 3 Fatty Acid

Vaginal dryness is usually caused by a lack of--or dip in--estrogen levels. Omega 3 fatty acids, found in cold water fish such as mackerel and salmon, stabilizes hormone levels and can increase vaginal lubrication, according to WomenToWomen.com.

Beta Carotene

Beta carotene, found in carrots and sweet potatoes, helps to build the immune system, but according to WomenToWomen.com, it can be helpful in easing vaginal dryness. Beta carotene does store in the body, so don't take more than 180 mg per day. A side effect of too much of this vitamin is an orange hue to the skin.

Vitamin E Suppositories

WomenToWomen.com reports that some women who experience vaginal dryness during menopause find relief by applying vitamin E suppositories. The vitamin helps to strengthen and protect the thinning vaginal wall associated with menopause.

There you go. all courtesy of www.livestrong.com you can even find some of this on the mayo clinic site
Good Luck

billnjenn responded:
Most of what you read here applies more to menopausal females. Cure differs depending on cause. I doubt your problem or the 19 year old is the same as women in menopause. That is why finding out why you have the issue before you start treatment. Lubricants just treat the symptom and are not likely to have any harmful side effects. When you get into some of the supplements some have suggested there can be side effects of birth defects that are not an issue for the menopausal women, but might become one for a 19 or 27 year old. So I would suggest some care in what suggestions you implement. Beta Carotene for example has been shown in studies to cause birth defects. Vitamin E as a suppository in the Vagina has also been a problem for some women. Fish oil has never been shown to be of any help in any study that I have seen for a young women suffering vaginal dryness.

Be careful what advice you take and since your problem is not caused by menopause, ignore most of what you read here and find out what the cause is, it could be something serious and or easily cured.

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website