Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    toothpaste, peppermint oil, others
    Woogsbie posted:
    Hello! My girlfriend and I are experimenting with different items to rub on the vagina to enhance the experience. We wonder if all of these items are safe, or if any of you all had thoughts, findings on them 1.) toothpaste 2.) peppermint extract 3.) wintergreen 4.) Ben-Gay 5.) Tiger Balm 6.) Icy-Hot Any and all comments will be appreciated. Thank you!
    Contemplating19 responded:
    I have used toothpaste many times when performing oral sex on my gf. It causes a great tingling sensation for her. I also use winterfresh gum from time to time... just chew it for about 10 mins then go down... literally. With the toothpaste, I just brush my teeth right before oral sex. I have never used tiger balm however, and I wouldn't suggest icy-hot... that could give her a trip to the hospital. You could, however, just go buy some lubricate that's formulated to give that tingling sensation.
    wifeandmomof2 responded:
    tne mere thought of ben-gay or icy-hot on my cootchie sounds painful as all get out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever seen "pop rocks" candy??? the little granules of flavored candy that sizzle and pop in your mouth? I always wonder what they think at my local grocery store when i buy 5 packs!!! LOL Lisa
    Contemplating19 responded:
    My gf used pop rocks on me once... hurt like hell.
    LMIthe2nd responded:
    Subtle is better. Peppermint is probably OK; mentholatum is definitely not. Try toothpaste, gum or Altoids. Forget Ben-Gay, Tiger Balm or Icy Hot. Or, you could buy one of the new stimulating lubes offered in drugstores: KY Intense for Her or KY Yours & Mine.
    Tongue2Toungue responded:
    Correst me if I am wrong but I thought that anything containing sugar and getting inot a vagina could cause a yeast infection?

    Helpful Tips

    wallgreens lol seriously
    I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website