Skip to content
Ocella diff from Yasmin?
Klynn4262 posted:
I just received Ocella in place of Yasmin from my pharmacy. I read some reviews online, and although it's supposedly the same ingredients, I'm reading Yasmin users reporting nauseousness, dizziness and breast soreness when switching to Ocella. I'm getting married in a couple months and the last thing I want is bad health or out of wack hormones. Any insight or recommendations would be much appreciated.

joliblon responded:
I picked mine up on July 14th. I have not had any issues of nauseau, dizziness, etc... If you are still concerned, maybe you should call your doctor and speak with them, or possibly have them switch you back to Yasmin.

bh1231985 responded:
ok so i have been on ocella for about 2 weeks now. i have been nauseated and have had uncontrollable hunger. it's like i can't get full. has anyone else felt this way? (besides the nausea) i know that i didn't feel this way at all on yasmin. i thought it was the same stuff. help!

mgilmore0 responded:
No, Ocella is so much different. I was convinced they were the same, but I been on Ocella for 3 months and, I have been bloated for three months. I don't think I have gained that much weight, I just feel uncomfortably large. I would suggest not getting generic Yasmin.

electra1221 responded:
I too have experienced some side effects that I never experienced on Yasmin. I've been on Ocella for about 2 weeks now and I'm nauseous on a daily basis, I have bad breast tenderness and weight gain!!!! I never experienced this on Yasmin. When my doctor first prescribed Yasmin for me, she explained that it contained a diuretic in it. I wonder if Ocella does not have the diuretic. I honestly don't care about Ocella being only 3 dollars. It's not worth it!

electra1221 responded:
I forgot about the uncontrollable hunger! That would explain my weight gain! I think I'll switch back next month!

Dorothy06482 responded:
Electra1221 - where did you purchase ocella for $3? I paid $53.00 at Target!

bh1231985 responded:
they only reason i got on Ocella was because my insurance covered it fully..yeah, that's right. no charge! so free bc versus $30 for yasmin a month sounded great. i called the gyno and they said to finish out this pack and they'd switch me back to yasmin or something. she said to definitely not switch from this to something else without finishing the pack. my idea was i would just go and get my yasmin, quit taking this junk, and i'd be fine.. wrong! the nurse said that ocella has different hormone levels compared to yasmin and it'd mess me up. i thought that generic just meant a cheaper version of the name brand, not a completely different composition. gah! so, here i am, still starving, and trying not to eat, while waiting on this pack to be done. i feel like poo.

bh1231985 responded:
am getting married in october, and i definitely agree with you about not wanting to start out my marriage as a hormonal nut!

margaret909 responded:
mgilmore0 wrote:

> No, Ocella is so much different. I was convinced they were the same, but I been on Ocella for 3 months and, I have been bloated for three months. I don't think I have gained that much weight, I just feel uncomfortably large. I would suggest not getting generic Yasmin.

Has Ocella been out for 3 months? I thought it came out July 1...

cm0008 responded:
Hello,

I just started taking Ocella and haven't had anywhere near as many problems as I had taking Yasmin. The only problem that I've had so far is minor acne on my face that itched, but it's been about a month and it's starting to disappear. The itching stopped about 2 weeks after I started the pack.

I guess it all depends on your body. While on Yasmin, I was always hungry and immediately gained alot of noticeable weight. I also had extreme breast tenderness and alot of other symptoms that I had to actually write down to let my doctor know about them.

But, long story short, I'd agree with posters that Ocella is definitely different than Yasmin. It's just either better or worse for you.

steph1019 responded:
My biggest problem with Ocella so far is the breast tenderness. It is noticeably worse than Yasmin, but other than that, the bloating and hunger has been minimal.

edith_dana responded:
Hi. I just had my first month with the ocella pill that was given to me by my pharmacist without me asking for it. Anyways, I do have bad nauceas and dizziness like you, just this last month as well. My doctor figured I had migranes and gave me frova, the headaches went way but the nauceas are still there. I can't figure out what's causing the naucea, but it seems that my switching to this ocella may have something to do with it. I'll call my gynechologyst and see what she says.

trisha0477 responded:
I am on my first week of Ocella and I have aggrivating headaches, some nausea and general ickiness. I read the leaflet and did not even want to take this stuff, but I needed something to get my cycles regular after a miscarriage. I will try Yasmin next. I originally was give Yaz. Is there a difference?

kggraham responded:
DONT DO IT! The pharmacy gave me Ocella 4 weeks ago and I didn't realize it until I was out of town so I started the pack... For two weeks I felt tired and sore all over (thought maybe I had a virus) but then 3 weeks into the pack I started my period! Now- I am still having a period! I can't wait to switch back this weekend. I realize now that I have felt pregnant for this entire month and have done several pregnancy tests in fear that I was having a miscarriage. I hope that I cought you in time.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website