Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Oral sex
feenix41 posted:
I have a question? when a woman is giving a man "oral pleasure" (sucking him off) and she swallows his "release"(cum) what happends does the woman become preganet that way or can get any kind of STD or what im just wondering. i asked my mother and she doesnt know or wont tell me. can you please help me
thank you for your time
Elle0317 responded:
I hope you are not asking because you want to do this. If you don't know the answer to the first question you asked : can she get pregnant? You are either WAY too young or naive to be having sex, even if it is oral sex. But to answer your questions, no you cannot get pregnant by swallowing a man's seman. Yes you can catch an STD by doing this, if he he is infected with one.

Please, if you are considering doing this activity, educate yourself more on the subject. There are many serious consequences of involving yourself with sex, not just physically (diseases) but emotionally as well. Good luck
ogsendmarged replied to Elle0317's response:
lets say youre involved with someone. and they've never had sex, but they have engaged in oral sex before. in your opinion, does the disqualify the person as being a virgin?

Dream Smile Pro
Elle0317 replied to ogsendmarged's response:
IMO a virgin is someone who has not had sexual intercourse. I don't consider oral sex as intercourse.
ontbear responded:
Talk about sex: anytime the gentals are involved.... that is sex. NOT INCOURSE, BUT SEX. No you will not get pg, from oral sex; STDs, yes you can.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website