Skip to content
Can oral sex make you sick ?
denm31 posted:
hello, my wife and i used to engage in oral sex almost every time we had sex, a couple of weeks ago was the first time in a long time i performed oral sex on my wife, the next day i got violently ill and it lasted for a week, i don't think it was a virus, because it was a constant burning in my stomache the whole time, never had anything like this happen before, i do like to do this but now i am really scared to try again, thanks

veryinquisitive responded:
I certainly wouldn't stop something I enjoyed doing (& I'm sure your wife enjoys) after one episode. Try again & if you have the same problem, visit a Dr as soon as you get ill.

FCL responded:
Sounds like you had a tummy bug. Why should you think you got it from giving your wife oral sex? Was she already ill? I wouldn't give this a second thought - it was just a coincidence.

GenuineGenius responded:
Think you might be onto something. This happened to me a few months ago. Performed oral sex on my wife last night and then today I am sick as can be. Perhaps some kind of bacteria was passed not sure. I am searching to find out if other have experienced this.

An_210958 responded:
I don't want to sound gross or anything but did you maybe toss her salad?because I do believe that feces can make you ill!I don't know just a thought hope it helps !take care :)

firefighter38111 responded:
I think this infection may have been due to other causes; if it was an infection vs. stomach stress.. If you had diarrhea afterwards it was probably a stomach virus you got from a restaurant or other cooking sources. What ever you ate is going through your system and out the backdoor. If you could get an infection from oral on the female I am sure I would be in intensive care by now.
However you can give her a yeast infection by performing a lot of oral. Your removing her good bacteria and yeast readily moves in. maybe this will work as an analogy; a lot of women get yeast infections during antibiotic therapy because it removes the bacteria from her vaginal area also. When we do oral we also remove the good bacteria.
My wife does get frequent yeast infections an of course we share them. When she is on top and soaks me then I harbor yeast in my private area. That area gets no sunlight so I keep it and give it back to her during our next sexual episode. Usually good showering and to finish drying off after I towel I use a hair dryer and I go to a tanning bed. Yeast and sunlight and dryness don't get along
Have a great day

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I think it's just coincidence that you got sick after performing oral sex on your wife. You could have gotten food poisoning; I know someone who had it for 3 days (ruined his birthday).

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website