Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
COMA
hrg89 posted:
QUESTION: I have always wondered... what would you do if your spouse or so went into a coma? How would you react sexually and/or how long would you wait before giving up and having sex with someone else? (especially since your so isn't really capable of agreeing or disagreeing with an open relationship) Just wondering....

Elle0317 responded:
I would wait at least 2 years, I have a hand and several toys to use in the meantime. And if after the 2 years the doc says no hope for receovery I would likely move on. But since I have never been in that sort of situation (knock on wood) it really is hard to say until you actually have to make that sort of decision.

Contemplating19 replied to Elle0317's response:
Ditto with the knock on wood.

I can't give a definate time... I just hope it never happens.

J5DC2 responded:
I think when you love someone and see him/her being in a suffering situation you don't think about sex. Love is not self centered, it's about giving to the other person without expecting something in return.

That said, it's dificult to put a time frame to a hopetetical question, any type of question.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website