Skip to content
Vaginal Swelling After Sex
An_211544 posted:
My boyfriend and I had rather rough sex last night and halfway through it started hurting so bad I didn't think I could continue. I forced myself to keep going but afterwards I was almost in tears it hurt so bad! The entire right side of my vagina was swollen and burned. It was so swollen it stuck out obviously farther than the left side. Today It is still swollen but not nearly as bad and still burns a little to the touch. What is going on?!?!?!

jes91 responded:
Please help me =( I'm really freaked out about the whole thing and dont know what to do!

Elle0317 replied to jes91's response:
This is the side effect of rough sex, the swelling will go down on it's own in a few days. If you do it again, make sure you have plenty of lube on hand, because a woman can dry out doing this sort of thing and being rubbed raw inside is where the pain and swelling come from. You can put a cold pack on it to help for now.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website