Skip to content
Hyperspermia - Is it serious?
dalmat posted:
Hi folks - I haven't really thought of this until I started reading online after I got some negative comments from a lady that I had sexual activities with. It drew my attention to looking for volume of semen online, and I discovered one statement that made me sit up and take notice (and get worried) - Hyperspermia is abnormal and is a condition when ejaculation is regularly over 5.5ml. I have done a few self-tests and I haven't yet been BELOW that figure, and in fact sometimes have been more than double. It's quite worrying - the word that they used was ABNORMAL and the site also said it could reduce your chances of being fertile and having kids. Not thinking of that yet, but I'd like to know now if it could become a problem later.

FCL responded:
I think you're overthinking this due to some inconsiderate and (probabl) uninformed remarks from a woman. If you had hyperspermia, you would have a low volume EVERY time. You've been above borderline every time ... don't give it another thought.

dalmat replied to FCL's response:
Low volume is HYPOspermia. HYPERspermia is that opposite of that, from what I've read. Sorry, I think you might have confused them.

Elle0317 replied to dalmat's response:
nothing I read about it indicated any future problems. It may be abnormal to some but it is normal for YOU, I wouldn't over-think it or get anxious over this. If my b/f had this 'problem' I would absolutely love it, the more there is the messier it gets and the messier it gets the more I love it! HAVE FUN with it! If your girl has a problem with it then she may be the one for you...I know I wouldn't complain...

dalmat replied to Elle0317's response:
I did not expect that response. I can't actually imagine it being nice for anyone! I think what makes it worse (and maybe disgusting) is that it's very thick. I've tried some other advice (like masturbating before I have a sexual encounter), but that doesn't seem to make much difference. I've tried the self-test 3 times in the same evening, and had 23ml, 32ml and 26ml - so seems to just be all over the place, not decreasing or increasing in any pattern. I still can't get how anyone could LIKE a mess, seems a bit odd to me.

Peter North made a career out of this 'problem'.

Messy sheets = good time in my book. Not sure what you guys are doing but we are not shy about our juices.

3point14 replied to dalmat's response:
Are you adequately hydrated? If not, drinking more water will cut down on the goopiness.

dalmat replied to 3point14's response:
Yeah, I drink about 2 litres a day like they say, sometimes 2.5 litres (Water/fruit juice) Not sure about 'goopy' - I'd say it's kind of like whatever you would describe consistency of that honey that you can buy that you squeeze out of the container - not lumpy but thick and runny at same time - God feels like I'm saying too much! I cannot find anything about how many 'spurts' is normal, but in general there are about 15-20, more than 20 if I didn't do it for a while. It's difficult to control where it goes sometimes, as it goes quite far if that makes sense - like if my partner was sitting, it would go above her head. I'm maybe not controliing it right, I don't know!

dalmat replied to dalmat's response:
Oh, and also I masturbate quite regularly (3 or 4 times a day) - this could maybe have something to do with it?

Naomi2494 replied to dalmat's response:
Okay, not really sure how many ounces are in a liter, but the proper way to know how much water you should drink a day is taking your body weight, divide it in half, and the answer is how many ounces a day you should drink. Like say you're 160lbs, you should be drinking 80oz of water a day.

dalmat replied to Naomi2494's response:
OK I did this check just now - I am 145lbs only, and it says I should drink 2.14 litres, so I guess that is OK. I find that if I drink more water though, it makes the problem worse - I mean there tends to be more.

Yes, drinking more water will make your so-called 'problem' worse. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with you.
The girl that said something negative to you about this, does she know what you are going through right now? It's getting rather ridiculous.

queston responded:
Yeah, just enjoy it. As men get older, the volume of our semen naturally decreases. And when this happens, your orgasmic contractions become a little less intense due to the smaller volume of seminal fluid that needs to be contracted out of your system.

Naomi2494 replied to dalmat's response:
Well, your body needs water to survive, otherwise you can become sluggish and feel the need to eat or drink caffeine or alcohol which will only make it worse. But at the same time over drinking of water can cause damage as well. You are drinking the right amount (checked a liter/ounce converter) and it could be your body getting rid of the body made water because it doesn't need it anymore now that it's getting the water it needs.

Also, if you drink any caffeine or alcohol be sure to balance it by drinking the same amount of water. This is still along with your daily amount, so if you drink a can of soda after drinking your 2.14 liters, you need to drink water that is the same amount of soda you just drank. Plus, if you drink alcohol, drinking water between each drink helps to balance your body's water needs and you don't have much of a hangover the next day. You may still have a hangover, but it won't be a terrible one.

dalmat replied to Elle0317's response:
Well, I am starting to think it might NOT be a problem - but this woman (she was 32) was maybe just concerned about the mess - I mean to be fair she did want me to ejaculate on her breasts, but it ended up going on her stomach, legs, arms and I could tell she was not liking it (she let go of my penis after about 20 seconds) and so I ended up finishing ejaculating on the bed and on the floor as well. But it was just that she let go, it was not a very nice experience

Helpful Tips

Clueless
I recently started a relationship and booth my boyfriend and I where tested, everything came out negative, so we started having unprotected ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website