Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not sure whats going on....
An_212843 posted:
hey ok so about 4 years ago i came out of a bad relationship were there was sex involved. well now im in a really great relationship and we had sex for the first time a couple weeks ago.....well now my period is about a day late....but we used a condom with spermicide on it. we check the condom after for any leaks or tears and there was none.

is it possible that your body would miss a period after not having sex for a long period of time then having sex? should i be worried? i dont think i m prego

HippyShay responded:
I think you're just worried. Your brain can make you freak out and think all these different things that are really pretty normal. My long-time BF and I have planned to not have sex until marrige but sometimes you well, just cant help yourself but feel that 'urge'. One time we experienced really good hand foreplay and because we're not sexually active (and i'm still a virgin), I'm not on birth control. So anyhoot, my period usually comes every 24-25 days EXACTLY, so you know i kinda freaked when i didn't start until 30 days! But everything turned out fine. So maybe its just your normal body, who knows? I would say to wait a little longer and see if any REALLY noticable symptoms occur and then either check with your doctor or take a pregnancy test. Hope it all works out for the best and I'm glad you're in a healthier relationship! -HippyShay

elle0317 responded:
don't worry it's only been 1 day.....start to worry after a week

mrsbstjod responded:
I have found that if I worry about it my period takes longer to get here....something about stress

3point14 responded:
If you highly doubt you're pregnant, buy a dollar store test and take it it'll comfort you and give you a soild answer. Most women do miss a menstrual cycle or two during their sexually active years, because of things like stress, weight gain or loss, or they didn't ovulate that month, among many other things.

hstutz9 replied to 3point14's response:
thanks guys.it turned out ok it did come about three days late rom normal. but im feeling a lot better about i tols my bf no more sex tell he puts a ring on my finger and my last name changes. just to be on the safe side. thanks again

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website