Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question of Warts and HPV
HippyShay posted:
Can Common warts (on the hand) be spread to a vagina? I know Genital warts and Common warts are different, although they are both caused by HPV. If my fianc? was to touch my genitals with his infected fingers, could i get HPV and be at risk for not being able to have children? Or could his infected fingers through masturbation lead to Genital warts and end with the same problem- HPV virus leaving us childless or at risk for other health issues?
I've gone to about 10-15 different sites looking for the answer to this, but have only come up with things such as 'No, Common warts and Genital warts are made of two different HPV strands and you're not at risk' or 'Yes, this is extremely likely and you should see a doctor'. But we have no insurance, so I would prefer to seek advice before spending bunches of money on a doc visit. So any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much.

tmlmtlrl responded:
Huh, are you sure about that? I never heard HPV caused hand warts. Keep in mind too there are about 100 different strains of HPV and not all of them give you warts. And where do you get the thought that HPV would make you unable to have children??? I think you have been seriously misinformed. There is no reason you wouldn't be able to have children. Even when people do have HPV there are times that it can just lay dormant and not cause you any issues at all (ie. warts, dyplasia, cancer). When it comes down to it it's not this horrifying disease that it's made out to be. I'm curious did your fiance get tested for STDs? Do you know this is HPV? Does he have genital warts or just some on his hands? If they are just on his hands I truly believe you don't have anything to worry about here. Get him some freeze off wart medicine from the store and be done with it.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website