Skip to content
Penis allergy to vaginal fluids
Crushed1 posted:
I wanted to know if there is really a case as to a male penis being allergic to female fluids during sex. My boyfriend stated that after we have intersourse her is sore and blistered for days after. stated he spoke to his doctor which stated that there is an allergic reaction to my fluids during sex and it will only get worse if we continue.

Is this true?

If so, is there something that can be done so he doesnt have to go through this anymore and more importanatly we can stay together?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

isabellin responded:
if his doctor told him so, im assuming that is true. Doctors dont lie. CONDOMS thats the answer.

3point14 replied to isabellin's response:
Doctors have been wrong, though, and I'd get a econd opinion, even if it's true.

And quite honestly, maybe get that in writing from a doctor? He could be allergic to a soap or something you use on your area, and you'd want to know if there are any small changes you could make to relieve his symptoms.

alaska_mommy replied to 3point14's response:
Good thought 3.14, we women use all sorts of personal care products and maybe something she's using is bothering him.
I wonder if it would help to take a benadryl before sex? Or use benadryl cream?

Mensch59 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
I agree. try using less harsh soaps and avoid the classic feminine hygiene products that are no good for you anyway. A man allergic to a vagina??? Horrors!!!

Contemplating19 responded:
I like Gorgiagail's response...

Also, it could be lubricate (if you and your bf use over-the-counter lubes).

gregmantha responded:
my husband and i have been having the same problems. Ever since we first got together, if we use unprotected sex, he breaks out. He explained it to his doctor and his doctor examined him but he told him that he has a yeast infection. I just dont believe that he is keeping yeast infections. Next time we go to the doctor, I am going to ask him if there is a chance he is allergic to my fluids and ask for his professional opinion as to what to do. It can be upsetting because everytime we try to have a baby, he breaks out and it can be a week before we are able to try again. I can relate to your frustration and as soon as I am able to get my doctor to explain his thoughts i will post his diagnosis

PrairieDawn replied to gregmantha's response:
Same with my husband and I. My doctor told me that he might have contact dermatitis but he has only ever had this problem with me. His past girlfriends he has never had this happen. If my husband doesn't shower immediately after sex, he breaks out. Once he went to bed with my fluids on him and not only did he break out near his head but his sac turned black. Freaked us both out. I have talked to past boyfriends and they don't recall ever having an allergic reaction to me. It's definitely not a yeast infection, and we have tried various OTC meds and Rx meds with little to no help. I wonder why this has never been studied?

An_252143 replied to PrairieDawn's response:
I've had the same reaction. After sex with my girlfriend, I get a rash on the skin around the penis and pubic area after contact with her fluid. During sex I get an burning sensation. If i don't take a shower immediately the following day i will get burning sensation. The symptoms last for days and the skin appears dry and cracks easily, some pimple like bumps with white heads, giving the appearance of a diaper rash. Skin seems to flake off like dandruff. The only relief I seem to find is washing thoroughly and rinsing with cool water and that seems temporary. in repeat sexual contact the symptoms become more sever. I have this problem only in contact with one person. I think it's most likely an allergic reaction. Did not believe it was possible but i am starting to believe so. Being allergic to sex.... If any one has any ideas or suggestions it would help.

uptowngal replied to An_252143's response:
I'm going through something like this with my boyfriend of 10 months now too. For the first couple months of our relationship we had sex a lot and it was great but then he started getting sores/irritation on his penis. My boyfriend has mild psoriasis so he recognised the red flaky patches as that, and he seemed(still seems) sure that it is psoriasis because it was worse if I had uh, shaving stubble, and the friction created little scratches/irritation that didnt heal so well. So he asked me to grow out my down there hair, which I did, and that helps. But if we have sex too often it still comes back and then it is terrible because we can't have sex for quite a while until he heals. I feel horrible about it and he does too because apart from the physical discomfort, he feels like he's not "fulfilling he manly duties". He said once that he thinks our body chemistry is not good together. He said he's only had this problem with 1 other girlfriend in the past and the rest were fine, no issues at all. This REALLY freaks me out because like the original poster, the question becomes not "how do we deal with this" but "can we even stay together"! For the last few months things were good as long as we limited sex to about 3 times a week, or only twice in a weekend. Then the friction was ok for him, or after 4-5 days he was okay again. But a few weeks ago we were kinda hot and heavy one weekend, and we've been unable to have sex since. He just brought up the whole "Our body chemistry is incompatibility" and it really upsets me. I suggested that maybe it is my PH level of my vagina? Also, it should be mentioned I (we) carry HPV tho not any outbreak for many months. I do not have a yeast infection. I am so upset and wondering, what can we do? He is stubborn about going to the doctor and embarrassed about this situation. I asked him today "Well are you gonna break up with me over this??" and he said, "No of course not." (whew!) but he doesn't seem to want to go to the doctor. I'm concerned because his love language is physical touch and since this recent outbreak/irritation he's been very withdrawn physically (ashamed? embarrassed? frustrated?), not wanting to even cuddle too often, & I feel we need to really solve this for the sake of our relationship, not to mention his poor penis! What can I do on my end if he is too stubborn to go to the doctor? Please help with any advice!!! I am willing to try anything to solve this.

vgracelikerain responded:
My new boyfriend & I are having this problem as well. This weekend we had hours of sex & he stated before that he thought he might have a latex allergy but we'd been using them before anyway. So we used the latex condoms & we also tried having sex without a condom. The next day he said he was itchy & he had little red irritation bumps. It's been two days since & we tried having sex again tonight but a minute into it he said his penis was burning & when he looked at it the red bumps had come back worse.
I have a few theories:
1.) He has a latex allergy which aggravated his skin & my fluids & the lubrication from the condoms irritated it more.
2.) Since I 'gush'/am very wet, that plus the friction is just a natural irritant to him.
3.) He has eczema which means my fluids &/or condom lubricants would definitely irritate his skin, especially after it is already irritated.
4.) He is allergic to my vaginal fluids (who would have thought this could be possible!?)
We are going to try using polyurethane condoms. I will definitely have him wash his penis right after sex. And we will see how those steps work. If they don't we will keep trying different things & if it comes down to it, I suppose we will go to the doctor.
For those who have had this problem & gone to the doctor- what was their recommendation/solution for this?

al3x242 responded:
have no idea because me and soon to be wife had sex a few times and it happend. to me and i freaked out and went to my mom because shes a doctor and she told me she doesnt no so I have to go to another doctor

undefined responded:
I am a male and I have same problem with my girlfriend who I love since 6 months. I experienced this problem first time. I SEE YOU ARE ALL SPEAKING ABOUT YOUR ISSUES BUT IS THERE SOMEONE SO KIND TO WRITE ABOUT A POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM????? THERE ARE VERY OLD MESSAGES HERE. I GUESS SOMEONE SUCCEEDED IN UNDERSTANDING THIS PROBLEM BETTER. WHAT REMEDIES? WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR I SHOULD SPEAK WITH? WHAT KIND OF ANALYSIS I NEED TO DO?

WRITE ME IN PRIVATE IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT PRIVACY OR SOMETHING, PLEASE. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT AS YOU CAN UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!

Anon_22507 replied to 30011574's response:
Did anyone find a solution?

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website