Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do men really mean it?
MinxieMurder posted:
I am with an ex of mine now, we have been off and on for about 3 years and hes always told me that I'm perfect. (just to be honest so everyone knows what im talking about, i'm about 5'4" and around 160 lbs and hes 5'9" and around 145 lbs). he tells me that I have the perfect body, but i continue to think that im fat and i really want to lose weight, but he insists on that he loves me the way i am. im scared to have sex with the lights on because i dont want him to see me, im moving in with him in 5 months (we're moving into his moms basement because he'll still be in school) and we are going to have the basement to ourselves. he keeps bringing up how he wants me to walk around naked but im scared that if i do he'll leave me because of my body. do men really mean it when they say they love your body for how it is?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

fcl responded:
Yes, they do otherwise they just wouldn't mention it unless asked. Yours is asking to see yours without any questions on your behalf. Trust me, he loves your body.

An_213582 responded:
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YA FEEL. I myself am 5' 3 and 150lbs. My bf is 5' 2 and only 130lbs. So there is a big difference between him and i. He says he loves my body as well, that he has no complaints. I myself could name a million and one things about myself that I dislike, but as long as he likes what he sees, im okay!

Mensch59 responded:
HE LOVES YOUR BODY!!! Turn the lights on. Prance around naked and shake your talefeathers with pride! Do not allow your self pride and your definition of sexy to be determined by artificial standards set by TV, movies and "fitness" magazines.
You are sexy and beautiful and your man thinks you are sexy and beautiful, so to heck with the false and unhealthy standards you see.
Take care of yourself. You can improve your shape, but don't let it ruin your self-confidence, because a woman that KNOWS she is sexy and desirable is even more sexy. Putting yourself down makes you less sexy.

WenWat replied to Mensch59's response:
I'm 5'5'' 115 but I eat healthy and excercise every day.. that's what it takes.

fcl replied to WenWat's response:
That's what it takes for what, Wen? Are you happy with your sexuality? Do you rejoice when your husband touches you? Do you love being who you are? Be a little more explicit, please.

An_213583 replied to WenWat's response:
I was recently watching a TV talk show and they had men and women on who both like their partners with a little, or even a lot, of flab on them. They were saying the washboard abs are a thing of the past, and how many people today like to see some meat on each other. So I think this what you're saying. Your bf is one of these people. He doesn't want a skinny girl with a hard body. He likes the soft body. That's how things were about 50 to 100 years ago. I remember my Father and my Uncles talking about it. Then this skinny look became popular, but maybe now we're going back to a more natural look. Most people aren't skinny, and washboard abs don't come naturally.

I agree. If he didn't like your body he wouldn't say he did, unless if maybe you asked him. But since he just says it on his own, then he does. Let him see it.

lioness_10 responded:
people know what they like when they see it...so i think he he telling you the truth, and he is also looking at your body in a different way then you do....he is noticing the good rather then the bad....especially when getting into the mood...
~MaMaBeAr~

WenWat replied to fcl's response:
I mean that's what it takes to lose weight. The girl's bf says he loves her body so thats not the problem. The problem is she doesn't like her body and wants a different one. I just told her what it takes. Stop abusing your bf over this.

Mensch59 replied to WenWat's response:
I'm sure you got what it takes, Wen, but it's not right for a woman to put herself down as she has. Her lack of self-esteem plays a much bigger role in being less sexy than her shape. and deprives her man of an even better lover. Shape is easier to fix than self-esteem.
(BTW, D.W. is barely 5' and 95 lbs so it's not like I prefer BBW's,).

MinxieMurder replied to WenWat's response:
You think I'm not aware of "what it takes"? I'm not a naturally skinny, stick thin person, never have been, never will be. I dont lay on the couch all day either like you implied. I dont run to McDonalds whenever I get hungry. I play ice hockey. I have practice 6 times a week for 3 hours and I also eat healthy.

alaska_mommy replied to MinxieMurder's response:
Ignore her, if you play ice hockey 6x a week then you're definitely not out of shape. You probably just have a larger frame than some of those stick-girls and I bet you're about right for your body type. Some people are bigger-boned and to be too thin is terribly difficult. My sister and I differ in that regard. I got my dad's smaller bone structure (they're all tall and skinny) and my sis got my mom's, her family is short and stout. She weighs more than me, but it looks right on her. She's not overweight.

fcl replied to WenWat's response:
Unortunately, when a person doesn't like their body losing weight seldom changes that. A bad body image is a very hard thing to get rid of ...

3point14 responded:
In my honest opinion, he probably does like you for how you're shaped. If he didn't like it, he wouldn't want you naked all the time, silly

He knows what kind of body you have. Hate to tell you this, but do you really think having sex in the dark hides you completely? It doesn't. He can feel and see you even if you're making it difficult for him.

Imagine the roles were reversed. Would you be more likely to leave someone for having the body you've always known they had, or be more likely to leave someone for being too self conscious to full enjoy your sex life together?

Devil's advocate, though...it's really, really trashy to walk around another woman's house (his mothers) naked all the time. Just sayin'.

MISSxPARSONS replied to 3point14's response:
Haha about the walking around the house naked, it wouldnt be in the whole house, it would just be in basement (where we are staying) and she knows about him wanting me to do that and she doesnt care lol

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website