Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Torn Frenular Artery of Penis
goingto posted:
I tore my frenular artery during sex. It bled initially but stopped after a while. The frenulum itself seems to be unaffected. There is currently no pain, but when I attempt to retract the foreskin to apply some antibiotic cream, there is re-bleeding. Would you suggest going to a doctor for getting this checked out/stitched? Can there be any long term complications as a result of allowing this to heal without stitches?

Elisabeth1234 responded:
Well, I have to admit, I don't have any experience in this area. However, I would absolutely suggest going to the doctor! I don't know if there can be any long term complications, but I think your penis is probably worth at least a call to your doctor's office. Let them know what's happened and that there is still bleeding. They will be your best source of info. Good luck!

merleyns responded:
Go see a doctor. You don't want to neglect something down there and hope it will go away. Go see them, the sooner the better. I don't think you should get advice from a forum and follow it because someone needs to look at the damage done before giving you a remedy.

Helpful Tips

sexually frustrated 2
fighting is healthy in a relationship as long as it's calm and there are boundaries set on both sides. there is bad fighting or as you ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website