Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ED problem
ADAM52 posted:
I have had a problem achieving a erection for a year or more. I have been to the doctor and had all the test, etc. I have taken all three drugs associated with it.
The drugs help get the erection but it does not last long enough to reach completion or satisfy my wife. Which I am able to do other ways but she feels neglected and not desired because I an not maintain the erection after getting it.
I have been masturbating successfully but this does not require a firm
erection needed for intercourse
Problem here is I have been doing this more and more.
I have reached a point where I am not even able to start the erection even with the drugs. Can this be related to my masturbation and if so how can I over come this.
I have stopped masturbating but this has just lowed my desire to do anything. I feel like a failure all the way around.

An_214099 responded:
Adam i can relate, this message board is good to let you know you are not alone.. sex is so important espically if you want to please your partner.. what a curse not to be able to do so.. my problem is i get an erection just when i am about to enter all the air comes out of the baloon. what helps is my lady is very understanding sometimes i can work to get it in and i may come up a little. I like u sometimes can't get it up to masturate.. if any one know of a drug that can help please post to let us know. thanks. have tried all 3 ed drug.. i'm at the end of my rope ( no penile enplant to young)

ontbear responded:
Adam52: What you need is a constrictor at the base of the penis after you erect. This will not allow the blood to be pushed back into your body by the vagina. You can buy some at an adult store, on line or use a rubber band for up to about 15/20 minutes. Try P.A.

ADAM52 replied to ontbear's response:
I was told - and sew a pamphlet in the doctors office about a vacuum device that assist in achieving an erection then appling a ring.
Are these safe and do they work?
I have not talked to my doctor about these but may next visit.

georgiagail replied to ADAM52's response:
Yes, vacuum pumps that are used to achieve an erection are quite safe (when used accurately) and are one method to treat erectile dysfunction that does not require medication, injections or surgery.

Gail

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website