Includes Expert Content
problem with curve in penis
RichardD66 posted:
I'm 66 yrs old now, and all my life when I got an erection my penis was always straight, now in the last few months it suddenly has a very definite curve to it. More a embarrassment to me than anything else but I find it very limiting to me as well, not physically but mentally. I do have diabetes, but it is very well controlled with medication.

ontbear responded:
Richard You may have some scaring tissue for a number of reasons..... However talk to your primary care provider about the condition. P.A.

Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH responded:
Some men develop a condition called Peyronie's Disease which is something that should be looked at by a healthcare provider. It more often happens in older age and can result in a very curved penis, particularly if not treated. There is no reason to feel embarrassed about this. Most general practitioners and urologists are quite familiar with such a condition as it is not at all rare. I would strongly encourage you to check in with a healthcare provider sooner rather than later. Such a condition is not dangerous or life threatening, but it is better when treated early.

An_214130 replied to Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH's response:
What are some of the ways to treat a curved penis?

An_214131 replied to An_214130's response:
I heard large doses of Vitamin E are used. There is also surgery, but I wouldn't do that. And there is a contraption that is basically a penis stretcher that claims it can help straighten out a curve. But I'd be very cautious about this last thing. It might tear tissue and ligaments. Seeing a Urologist is best.

FCL responded:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/peyronies-disease/

vortex315 replied to Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH's response:
I was wondering if you know anything about a product called fatsize extender. It was on a blog on this website saying it not only works for correcting curves but also can add girth/length permantly to penis size. If you have any info about this or any other products proven to work please let me know! thank you!