Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
problem with curve in penis
RichardD66 posted:
I'm 66 yrs old now, and all my life when I got an erection my penis was always straight, now in the last few months it suddenly has a very definite curve to it. More a embarrassment to me than anything else but I find it very limiting to me as well, not physically but mentally. I do have diabetes, but it is very well controlled with medication.

ontbear responded:
Richard You may have some scaring tissue for a number of reasons..... However talk to your primary care provider about the condition. P.A.

Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH responded:
Some men develop a condition called Peyronie's Disease which is something that should be looked at by a healthcare provider. It more often happens in older age and can result in a very curved penis, particularly if not treated. There is no reason to feel embarrassed about this. Most general practitioners and urologists are quite familiar with such a condition as it is not at all rare. I would strongly encourage you to check in with a healthcare provider sooner rather than later. Such a condition is not dangerous or life threatening, but it is better when treated early.

An_214130 replied to Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH's response:
What are some of the ways to treat a curved penis?

An_214131 replied to An_214130's response:
I heard large doses of Vitamin E are used. There is also surgery, but I wouldn't do that. And there is a contraption that is basically a penis stretcher that claims it can help straighten out a curve. But I'd be very cautious about this last thing. It might tear tissue and ligaments. Seeing a Urologist is best.

FCL responded:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/peyronies-disease/

vortex315 replied to Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH's response:
I was wondering if you know anything about a product called fatsize extender. It was on a blog on this website saying it not only works for correcting curves but also can add girth/length permantly to penis size. If you have any info about this or any other products proven to work please let me know! thank you!

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website