Skip to content
how common are large labia??
meaab posted:
so i've read post after post about how everyone is different - the size of a women's labia doesn't matter and how they are comparable the same way as every man has a different sized penis. well... i understand that - but i also know, even knowing all that, i feel different and ugly "down there"

i wonder how common are large labia? how many in 4, 10, 20, 30, 100 women have "large labia" ..... how offten does a man come by this?? is it rare? is he shocked? has he seen it before? what about other women? have they seen it? do they think it is gross?

also - what is it from? hereditary or sexual intercourse?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

elle0317 responded:
It must be hereditary because I have one labia twice the size of the other and it was like this before I became sexually active. Not once did I ever a shocked lover by this and my current man loves it. I was concerned in my teens and asked my Dr about it she said it was perfectly normal and it never bothered me since. I tuck it in after using the bathroom or getting dressed b/c I can't stand the way my underwear rubs against it if I don't tuck.

SMHmom77 replied to elle0317's response:
I feel so much better, I thought I was the only one, I have one very long labia also and it looks a little darker in color. I never asked my physician I figured if it was anything serious my ob would say something. Well adleast I now know I am not alone. My husband has never said anything about it or even mentioned the difference. I think it must be a genetic thing

goodguy82 responded:
Relax men do not care about such things, and yes they are more common then you would think.

LoveMyLady replied to goodguy82's response:
Weellll, I need to weigh in on this one, goodguy! I personally LOVE large, long, fleshy labia...they look awesome to me, they are incredibly erotic to look at, play with, and are a special treat for oral sex...I simply love them! So maybe YOU don't care about "such things", but I sure do, and in reply to the OP, if you have large labia, it doesn't mean anything and probably at least half the men you will run into will be just as happy to be with you sexually as if you had tiny or totally non-protruding inner lips.

Trust me, if he finds you wet and ready, the size of your labia are not going to make one iota of difference to him, and may very well excite him that much more! Relax and enjoy your sexuality...real men love variety and think every woman's genitals are beautiful in their own way. You might just run into a large-labia-lover like me!

Stephan

goodguy82 replied to LoveMyLady's response:
Well lovemylady we are on the same page for sure about labia's, there is little to nothing on the female body I find gross. But as you know we are just two men out of countless others who may not feel the same as we do. I myself have met some real A-holes when it comes to thier taste in lady parts. You could not be more right about a man finding her wet and ready, labia size will not matter in the least.

Mensch59 replied to goodguy82's response:
Most men just love the vagina and all its related parts for what they are. Until very recently. with hairless vulvas photographed in high resolution digital photography easily available, most men only viewed a few different vulvas in their life. Only doctors saw all the different pussy possibilities. Now women can be surgically altered to achieve an ideal that barely existed 30 years ago.

ImOdie responded:
If they don't drag on the ground, slap your knees or just put bruises on your ankles.... why worry.... Most men don't pay that much attention. If on the other hand, They simply weigh too much to move so that penetration is not possible... Hey don't worry.. and I'd say that maybe 20 -30 % of women have larger labia than what I would think is "normal" but then as someone in here used to say "normal is just a setting on an iron"

KittenK replied to Mensch59's response:
The idea / suggestion of a woman surgically altering her genitals to acheive some "ideal" is repugnant. Seriously - how would a man react if a woman asked him to have part of his scrotum or penis removed to acheive some aesthetic ideal? Could you even clock how fast the poor guy would run out of there?

Women's genitals are as different in shape, size, appearance as men's - maybe even more so (we have more bits than you guys). There is no ideal - there are no 2 that look exactly alike (except maybe with identical twins??).

Labia's are quite amazing once you get to know them and what they do. They have thousands of tiny nerve endings, open on their own when enough natural lubricant is present, assist in acheiving orgasm, cushion and protect the uthera and vaginal opening, secreet natural cleansers and change color, shape and size during arousal.

tlkittycat1968 replied to KittenK's response:
You do realize men have part of their penis removed during circumcision, oftentimes for no other reason than for looks?

Yes, circumcision is done for religious reasons and I'm not including that in the above.

fcl replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
"You do realize men have part of their penis removed during circumcision, oftentimes for no other reason than for looks?"

There was a guy on the Sexual Issues exchange who was considering getting cicumcized because his girlfriend didn't like the way his uncut penis looked...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

tlkittycat1968 replied to fcl's response:
That's crazy IMO. If someone doesn't like the way I look, that's their problem.

There's a song by Whitney Houston where the first lines are:

"Share my life/take me for what I am/'cause I'll never change all my colors for you."

That's the way I feel.

fcl replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I agree entirely. I feel that if you're going to surgically change your body in any way it should be because you want to, not because someone else wants you to.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

KittenK replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
"You do realize men have part of their penis removed during circumcision, oftentimes for no other reason than for looks?"

...being Jewish I am familiar with that.

There is a significant difference. Male circumcision (regardless of how people feel about it or why they do it), involves removing an outer layer of skin from the penis. No part of the actual penis is removed. It can also be done by a surgeon or a skilled layperson. It's also done as a surgical procedure for health reasons.

Surgically altering labia involves removing functioning parts of female genitals. Parts that play a major role in sexual activity and in the health of a woman.

So far - the only reason women seem to have for wanting this procedure, is a belief that their labia are deformed because they seem larger than the woman expected or than a partner thought was "feminine" or than labia on display in a skin publication.

All women are different. All labia are different.

tlkittycat1968 replied to KittenK's response:
If I'm not mistaken, circumcision entails removing the foreskin and that is part of the penis so saying that no part of the actual penis is removed is incorrect.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website