Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
concerned
An_214450 posted:
I am hoping someone, doctor or someone with experiance, could help me answer something. I am a mom and wife, I am 40 years old. Seemed alomost to the day I turned 40 all of the sudden I had a dryness issue sexually, just seems to take a bit longer to get where we need it to be. There has been a couple of times where we rush it a bit, and it hurts afterwards. The other day we had sex and I knew it was going to hurt, we were hurrying before kids got home...and after wards it was sore, and burned on the outside when I pee'ed, it was as if I was peeing on a cut, after 2 days the burning had gone away, and later that night we then tried again, and we couldnt get him inside of me....felt like something was in the way, or maybe to swollen....Is this normal? Has anyone else had to deal with something like this?

ontbear responded:
Talk with your primary health provider, he or she can help

An_214451 responded:
The chances are high that using a lube will help :) You may have to try a few before you find the one that works for you.

Accept that your body changes with age.

momof_many replied to An_214451's response:
Your prob right, that is exactly what I was thinking, but was really concerned, the next time we tried and it would not go in.....that really made me nervous....

momof_many replied to ontbear's response:
I really wish I could, however I lost my health insurance last month, and will not be able to get on my husbands till open enrollment in January....that is why I brought something so private here, hoping someone would know something

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website