Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Anal sex and a prolapse
    rschuck1256 posted:
    Can recieving anal sex cause a prolapsed anus?
    tx2010 responded:
    What's the best toy for male-anal stimulation?
    LoveMyGuy responded:

    No, that is a complete myth. I'm female but I have anal sex ALL the time with a guy with a very thick penis, and I can tell you that being pentrated anally does NOT cause anal proplapses. It might aggravate one that has alreay occurred for all the opther reasons they happen, but the sex itself will not cause one.

    TX, that's like asking which color car is best to buy. My guy has several and says all of them feel good, any of the prostate stimualtors feel good to him and likely will for you too. You just have to try a few to find YOUR "best"..K?

    georgiagail replied to LoveMyGuy's response:
    Rectal prolapse is actually pretty rare and, as the attached article states, tends to be limited to the elderly:

    The OP may be confusing prolapse with a rectal tear or laceration, sometimes seen in anal rape.

    LoveMyGuy replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thanks Gail! :) I didn't know rectal prolapses were mostly in elderly people. I thought they were common in younger women from childbirth, but maybe I'm thinking of vaginal or uterine prolapse or cystoceles (sp?) Anyway thanks for the info :)

    georgiagail replied to LoveMyGuy's response:
    A rectocele is when the vaginal wall thins and the rectal tissue can bulge into the vagina. This is different than a rectal prolapse where the rectal tissue hangs out of the anus.

    A rectocele can occur as a result of childbirth.


    Helpful Tips

    Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website