Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low semen volume
An_214521 posted:
As I get older(52) I have noticed that the volume of semen I have during orgasm has gotten smaller.
I am wondering if there is any way to increase production of semen.
Are there foods or supplements that I can take to help with increasing volume?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
This is quite normal as one grows a bit older. About the only thing you can do is make sure you're well hydrated before the sexual event.

Gail

LoveMyLady responded:
Unfortunately that's a pretty common thing for us guys as we age. Our hormone levels start to wane and semen volume is one of the things affected by that. Im in my late 50's so I can vouch for that happening.

I can offer something I do all the time to help though. There is a substance called lecithin or soya lecithin readily available over the counter. You can buy it at just about any store that sells vitamin supplements. I buy mine at the local grocery store.

Lecithin isn't a drug. It's actually a nutrient sold as an aid a healthy nervous system. It comes in a large gel-cap usually 1000mg and only costs about 8 dollars for 100.

If you take 2-3 gelcaps 3 or 4 times a day with a big glass of water each time, within 2-3 days your semen quantity will increase dramatically. I learned this years ago in an article I read and I take lecithin any time my lady and I have a sex weekend planned. Don't worry about the "mega-dosing" the only side effect I have ever heard of is head hair growing more quickly. I've never experienced that at all.

Anyway my ejaculations are bigger and last longer and feel better with taking the lecithin. My semen is thicker and whiter and my lady says there is only just the slightest difference in taste, with it being just very slightly and lightly oily but not bad tasting. The best part is it almost doubles the size of my ejaculations and even a second or third orgasm produces more. Even before you ejaculate you'll probably see white semen appearing instead of the clear precum. You can stop taking it at any time with no ill effects other than going back to the smaller semen volume. Because it works in just 2-3 days I don't take it all the time, just when my girl and I are planning to get together for some sexual play. I suggest you give it a try.

Stephan

bogie11 replied to LoveMyLady's response:
As for me, I'm quite happy with reduced semen, as is my wife. My orgasms are equal to or better than when I shot it all over, and that's what counts. Why would you want more?

LoveMyLady replied to bogie11's response:
Then that's great for you guys. Personally my orgasms are stronger and last longer with the increased semen volume. I usually get 2 or 3 more "pulses" and the larger amount feels "thready" coming out, if you know what I mean. That just plain feels good. Plus my lady is very very fond of my semen, in her, on her, and especially in her mouth. Her words, not mine. The extra equates to extra pleasure for her, like maybe that 3rd or 4th piece of chocolate or more than one potato chip.

Stephan

ambulance9 replied to LoveMyLady's response:
Thank you for you response and advise.
I am going to pick up some Lecithin today.

LoveMyGuy replied to ambulance9's response:
That's great, ambulance! I'm Stephan's "significant other" and I can vouch that the lecithin really works exactly like he told you it does. I'd love to know how it works for you! Will you come back and give us an update?

Lisa

jss123 replied to LoveMyLady's response:
I'm definitely going to get some Lecithin.

Up to now I've been drinking a lot of water. It works for me, but
the semen is very thin and sprays everywhere if I masturbate or have oral sex.
I feel like that guy from Something about Mary

BTW How long does it take after you start taking Lecithin before you notice the difference ?

I will also give some feedback if people are interested.

ambulance9 replied to LoveMyGuy's response:
Lisa and Stephan
I have been taking the Lecithin since last Wednesday.
So far I have not seen a difference.
I am thinking I am not getting enough water along with it.
I will try that and see how that goes.
Again Thank you for all your input.

Thad

Thad,

I don;t know how many times you have ejaculated since you started taking the Lecithin, but my guy abstains for the 2-3 days at the same time. Are you getting over-anxoius and "checking to see" too much? You really should give it time to "build up"...you know?

Lisa

Oh and how many gelcaps are you taking? I've seen my man take 3-4 of them up to 4-5 times a day, and that's when he really produces alot bigger ejaculations. Maybe "more is better"...within reason of course.

Lisa

ambulance9 replied to LoveMyGuy's response:
Lisa
I waited about 4 days.
Taking 3 capsules 3 times a day.
I guess a little more experimentation is in order.
Maybe an IV drip. haha.
How big of a change do you see from not taking it to taking it?

Thad

I am pretty sure Stephan takes 3-4 of them like 4-5 times a day to get ready for a long weekend. I know he takes them first thing in the morning as soon as he gets up, again at lunch, again at dinner, and again right before bed. He may take them half-way thru the morning too but I'm not sure because we're never together then.

From my point of view, I'd have to say his ejaculations are maybe 50% more volume, half again as much as when he doesn't take them. Now he's always had large ejaculations to start with, so the lecithin sort of "super-sizes" them. I notice the biggest difference ummm...orally, I can't really get too explicit here or it might sound too erotic. It doesn't affect the taste at all, just maybe a slight "oilier" feel to it.

He's always been able to have 2 or 3 orgasms when we have sex, but the best part for me is that he doesn't "dry up" after 1 or 2 hard orgasms, the lecithin allows him to keep ejaculating thicker semen over say 3 times. I also notice his orgasms last longer and he gets more individual "spurts" than without it.

The best part for him seems to be what he calls "thready" feeling ejaculations, where the semen is thick and has enough substance to it to feel extra good coming out. When he doesn't take the lecithin, his second time is usually alot more watery, and without it he is usually almost dry in his third.

I'd say take 1 more than you are now, and maybe add a couple more intervals. I'd ask him to chime in to help but he's out of town on business.

Keep trying, I can only tell you it works really well for us.

Lisa

LoveMyGuy replied to LoveMyGuy's response:
PS Thad,

Another thing I notice is that his "precum" turns white in only a couple of minutes, and is more slippery and lubricates him better in my hands. Without the lecithin it stays clear until he ejaculates.

Lisa

LuvMyWife replied to LoveMyGuy's response:
I ordered some from Walgreens. I plan on taking 8-10 pills a day for at least a week before my wife and I have sex.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website