Skip to content
sex
misunderstood6 posted:
So how many times does a normal couple have sex a week?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bob249 responded:
I like to start out the day with a wake-up quickie.
Perks up the little woman, too.

If I can stretch my lunch break, a little action breaks up the work day. Especially if we can get away with it in my office.

After supper, it's her turn. After all, there wasn't enough time to warm her up, get her motor running, and finish the spin cycle.

Of course, on the weekends, we enjoy each other more frequently.

What did you say?

Oh, you meant in real life ...

SunConure replied to bob249's response:
Haha, everyone wish's!!! In a good week 3-4 times, but with jobs, school, and a 4 month old sometimes life doesn't permit it!!! An what is a "normal" couple anyway?!

3point14 responded:
On average, in my relationship we have sex between 5-8 times a week. I don't know if that's "normal', but it's normal for us.

sarahogan responded:
I'm lucky if I get it once a week, it's usually more like 2 or 3 times a month. But, we are both very busy and have a 5 year old with whom we share a room (one bedroom apartment). But we are very close and try to share other forms of intimacy on a daily basis - snuggling, kissing, hugging, teasing, etc.

An_214645 replied to sarahogan's response:
When it comes to me and my boyfriend its difficult since our shcedules conflict so much. I have three jobs and he works overnights. So maybe once a week sometimes twice, were constantly missing each other which sucks because if I had it my way it'd be 2-3 times a day lol.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I like the saying that normal is just a setting on the dryer.

Everyone's definition of a "normal" differs from couple to couple. For one couple, 1x a week or less is normal and for another couple 5x a week or more is normal.

As long as both parties are satisfied, then it's the right amount for them.

An_214646 responded:
Any random week, 0-3 times a day, with three rare, one fairly often, two occasionally, in bad weeks, rare entirely. So, some weeks 0, other weeks easily over 10. Average week, then, 5 ?

For a friend of mine, 4-6 times a month typically.

Earlier in a relationship likely a lot higher. Staying more frequent the better and happier the relationship is. Most fun you can have without laughing ?

I gotta remember the wife still says, "Just say when !" She should say, "When", more often herself.

snazzi84 replied to An_214646's response:
Hi, A NORMAL couple, wow I wish I new what that was.
My man thinks oral is discusting, and wont do it.Though I every time give him oral,before we start.
We have sex once or occaisionally twice if lucky,a week.He hates thinking and talking about sex and its almost like a chore for him.Our love making never lasts longer than 10 mins and their is rarly a great deal of eye contact.
I am pregnant and find I masterbate during the day, to be slightly satisfied , but would be much happier if he were able to do it for me.Is this normal???

LovelyChelle8 responded:
I really don't think there is a definition for a "normal" couple like others have posted. I know when my SO and I are done with a semester in school it can be up to 10 times a week or more, maybe even two times a day if we're lucky. Being college students and both having jobs does slow it down since we may not see each other till 7 or 8 o'clock at night, so in school it could only be 3-5 times a week and never twice a day lol. And we've been together for a long time so it's definitely not like it use to be but I'm not complaining lol!

An_214647 responded:
Define "normal".

Nano39 replied to snazzi84's response:
I'm in your shoes exactly! Except for my once or twice a week has been reduced to once/twice a month:(
Normal? Not for me, but for him, I guess it's normal!

Rhondamay replied to Nano39's response:
First off I don't think it is possible to define normal in this context when everybody seems to be wired differently. However, I would like to pass on something that my older and wiser sister recently shared with me about frequency of sex. She and her husband have been married 44 years.

She said they started off like most young couple having sex at least daily and then gradually dropping off to once or twice a week after about ten years. They maintained that for the next twenty five years until menopause and then they struggled for three or four years with lapses up to a month or more in length. Neither of them were happy with this distancing of their intimacy but they just couldn't seem to get back in sync. Finally my sister demande a heart to heart discussion with her man. They had always had good communication and after a serious discussion and some negotiation they agreed to a schedule. My sister wanted sex every five days. Her husband wanted every three days. They compromised with every four days and have faithfully followed this schedule for the last five years. Knowing the schedule they plan something fun for each "date" and it has brought them much closer together.

My sweetie and I are in sort of a hit and miss stage at the present and I am planning on copying my sisters idea if he will agree.

AlexKatehakis responded:
I will agree with a number of the posts below that there really is no such thing as normal when it comes to sex. It all comes down to what works for you and your partner. Perhaps it would be helpful misunderstood6 if you could tell us why you're asking the question.

Dick912 replied to sarahogan's response:
A lot can happen under the covers. Wearing the right clothes can make for an interesting evening while you sit on hubby's lap. Do whatever you need to incease it to 2-3 times a week minimum.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website