Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
is it sexual addiction
rocette770 posted:
My bf constantly thinks of sexual things when I say something simple. For example if I say banana pudding he thinks of something sexual like covering me in banana pudding and licking it off. He is constantly touching himself when we video chat and he often takes the conversation to a sexual place. Is this sexual addiction or just him wanting to feel the happiness and closeness we share when we are together sexually?

SunConure responded:
I don't think this is an addiction, it kinda sounds like my bf, he always comes up with something sexual no matter what I say he can turn anything around like that. I just chalk it up to him being a guy, lol and tell him to shut up! Do you have a long distance relationship with him, if so he might just miss the sex and being with you. If it bothers you though you have to tell him. My bf knows when it's ok to joke and when it's not, so you need to tell him if what he does bothers you, otherwise he is going to keep doing it!!

queston responded:
How old is he? Sounds like fairly typical younger man behavior. There's certainly nothing there to suggest sex addiction. Is there more to the story?

rocette770 replied to SunConure's response:
My bf is 31. We have a long distance relationship and he is the one who thought it might be addiction. He was the one who got concerned about it and asked if I would help him get help. I told him I would. We talked about it last night after I did some research myself. I don't think it is addiction. I think it is just the fact that he is being faithful and we hardly see each other. I think he is just missing the feeling he gets when we are together. I also think food is a turn on for him. Thanks for the input so far.

lioness_10 responded:
do not think he has an addiction, once again this is just an opinion i could be wrong or i could be right....

from your post it sounds like he is just really into you, and he wants to experience intimacy on many different levels...

i suggest go with it to an extent but if you are bothered or uncomfortable with it at anytime you need to have good communication with him in order for him to know how you feel...
~MaMaBeAr~

luvmy2babiesmuch replied to lioness_10's response:
sounds perfectly normal to me.. my DH is 45, and he can see a bunch of banannas on the kitchen island, and grab one, and make sexual comments.. we've been together for 20 yers, and i don't think i have ever talked to him, what he's not joked, or said something sexual.. i've read that most men think about sex on average about 100 times a day,, be glad that he feels secure and safe and comfortable enough to say some of the things that crosses his mind.. I personally like it. it's funny, and always makes me laugh!!

SunConure replied to luvmy2babiesmuch's response:
Haha, my bf is the same way! He has told me before that he thinks about sex a lot, and not that he wants it all the time, but like he'll see something and can make something sexual out of it! He is pretty funny sometimes to!

queston replied to SunConure's response:
I can pretty-much attest that the claim that men think about sex 100 times a day is not an exaggeration, in most cases. And I am not a teenager--I'm 46.

A couple years ago I spend a lot of time with a group of other guys on a construction project at my church. I chuckled, because even in that setting, you're likely to hear "that's what she said" type comments repeatedly. It's just the way (most) guys are.

Helpful Tips

Ways to narrow the vagina
There are 3 ways to narrow the vagina: 1 - the exercise of certain conditions of intercourse: Read more... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website