Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
is it possible that my family is the cause
An_214670 posted:
is it possible for a woman to not enjoy sex because of family situations/problems,such as that she have to hide to be with her boyfriend and have sex because the family wouldn't allow the relationship.

my boyfriend seens to keep asking are you confortable, y u look worried, something wrong everytime we're having sex.
somehow i think he knows i'm worried,

buti to myself i contuniously think about if i get pregnant (although i take precaution) or something, what will happen between my family and i.

GuardSquealer responded:
Well obviously it is. Seems like it is affecting you in this manner. Seems you need to come to terms with the situation and figure out what you want to do.

SC_Cat responded:
why is your family against this relationship? how old are you? I have been in this situation with my family. At one point I had to make a decision between my bf and my family. Not a good place to be. At time I chose my bf, and he ended up physically abusing me. Luckily my family took me back and I got out of the bad situation. Sometimes families see things that we women don't see and don't want to to see. All we see is that the guy is nice to us and we don't want to see the bad stuff. I know that I wish now that I had listened to my family about this particular bf. Good Luck...

goodguy82 responded:
Yes you will not be able to have good with sex without good emotions IMO, for me they go hand and hand. You seem like your taking risk to be with him, make sure that your happy with the way things are before you pop out a baby. Do what is best for you and your future, after all that is what your family wants for you.

3point14 responded:
It is very likely if any guilt were present during sex, it would hinder the experience.

Would your family be responsible for any unintended pregnancy? If so, you owe them the courtesy of waiting until you would be responsible for your own decisions.

If it would be your burden, it's 100% your decision to act as you feel morally right to do.

prettygaldd replied to 3point14's response:
i am 18 yrs old and i'm with my bf 3 yrs before we became intermate. my family dont agree with the relationship because i'm the baby in the family and they cant seen to realize i'm becoming older by the day.

prettygaldd replied to prettygaldd's response:
can this be affecting my relationship as well,my bf never asked me but he gave me frequent looks that i can relate to now reading this.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website