Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bleeding During Anal Sex?
An_214753 posted:
I've always heard that women bleed the first time they engage in anal sex. My partner swears that you don't, but I'm not convinced. Is it different from woman to woman? Does it depend on whether you go slowly or quickly?

georgiagail responded:
I suspect you are mistaking the idea that the first time women engage in VAGINAL intercourse they may bleed when the hymen is torn.

Bleeding from anal intercourse occurs if rectal tissues get torn or damaged during the event. The rectum has many blood vessels that are near the surface. Thus, bleeding can occur if adequate preparation is not done first no matter how many times one has engaged in anal intercourse.

Adequate preparation means sufficient lubrication, adequate stimulation of the anus (which has rings of muscle that normally keep this orifice closed to prevent stool leakage) and allowing the person on the receiving end to control the speed of entrance.

Gail

SunConure replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail has it right here. An I didn't bleed my first time for either anal or vaginal sex.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website