Includes Expert Content
question about my gf
An_214766 posted:
Every time my gf and I get intimate there is something that sometimes comes up that doesnt allow us to get intimate. She says her vagina hurts. and this is not because we practice rough sex or use objects or anything like that. she is a virgin. now she would always tell me that she has thin or sensitive skin like her grandmother. Is that what this is or is this something else? her nipples are almost always super sensitive as well and I mean sensitive to even my tongue the same can be said about her vagina. I dont love her any less for it Im just curious if maybe this is a problem.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
Be gentle and invest in adequate lubrication.

Gail

GAP1954 responded:
don't rush her - she sounds scared

longduckdong46 replied to GAP1954's response:
yeah as the sex therapist used to say " gentley bentley "

If she loves and cares for you she will certainly come around in time.
Don't get to upset, and remember be patient.

Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH responded:
It's good of you to seek information to help your girlfriend and, by extension, your relationship. Sensitive skin is one thing; genital pain is another. Even though your girlfriend's grandmother may have sensitive skin, that's no excuse for genital pain. I would encourage your girlfriend to check in with a healthcare provider to make sure that everything is all right. Some women experience chronic genital pain that interferes with their ability to have sex. You two can learn more at nva.org (a patient advocacy group related to genital pain). She can also get a referral for a doctor who has expertise in vulvar and vaginal pain issues through NVA.org and ISSVD.org.

Finally, the book "When Sex Hurts" by Dr. Andrew Goldstein and colleagues is something you may find of use.

I hope this is helpful.

missnya75 responded:
Ooh well she is scared of losing you and at the same time she is not ready for sex. Respect her for that please. Visiting doctor for what. Talk to her nicely and encourage her to be open and promise her you will continue to love her no-matter what. The lady is not ready yet, if you truly love her you will promise to wait until she is ready. I am sorry to ask this how old is she? May be she is still a teenager, a lil too young for sex.

Leshi2 replied to Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH's response:
Hi Debbie, I have a question regarding HPV. My fianc? of almost 3 years was diagnosed with HPV and did a pap test she was told to retest in six months. I think it has come from me since I was her first intimate partner. Obviously we are very scared and don't know what to do. What do you advise is it safe to stay in the relationship and get married or break it off. Please provide your opinion from a health professionals perspective. We are serious and faithful to each other. Please help.

Thanks

fcl replied to Leshi2's response:
Are you serious? You gave her HPV and you want to break it off because she's now infected? Good grief. She'll retest in 6 months to find out if she has one of the strains that might cause cancer. It may not be one of those. Why would you want to walk out on her if you love her? What do you mean by "safe"? She's not going to explode ... HPV is not dangerous for you (I'm assuming you're male - if not, well you're already infected if it was you who gave it to her. What would you gain from leaving her?.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Leshi2 replied to fcl's response:
My intentions are not to walk out on her but I am asking from her side. If we will just going to transfer it back and for or it doesn't keep transferring? I love her very much. Does it affect preventing of becoming HPV free if we keep our relationship of being passed or does the immune systems gradually recognize the strain and the body fights it off?

Here's a useful link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hpv-infection/DS00906

Read ALL of the pages (treatment, diagnosis, etc.)

You will probably have a much less dramatic view of the situation afterwards.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Leshi2 replied to fcl's response:
Thank you so much for your help. The reason why I have these questions is because one doctor told my fianc? that you should not stay together because you will just keep transferring it back and forth between eachother and the immune systems don't heal or create a defense against that particular strain. I don't know if that was told because the doctor might have thought that we may be going behind each others back with other partners and to prevent getting anything else in the future. What do you suggest?

PErsonally, I don't think the doctor thought the idea through. If you separate, you'll both find other partners with the possibility of propagating your HPV even further. Also, if s/he was so concerned why didn't s/he just suggest using condoms? I really don't get why the doc tried to scare you about such a common virus. Some sources (American Journal of Medecine 1997) go as far as to say that 3 out of 4 Americans will have been infected with it at some time in their lives before the age of 49 ...

Anyway, what I suggest is that you post your question over on the gynecology board and put "Nurse Jane" in the title to get a professional opinion. You'll find it here:

http://exchanges.webmd.com/gynecology-exchange

CanLoonie replied to Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH's response:
Dear Debby,
I hope I'm not jumping into this discussion from nowhere.
I couldn't find a reliable answer, so I came here.
My girl friend here in Shanghai,China is diagnosed with " Hyperplasia of mammary glands"
She heard from a Newzealander friend who is a doctor that drinking a healthy person's semen will be very much helpful in treating her issue, my question is:
Assuming I am very healthy and semen test show no issue, would it be healthy and safe for her to drink my semen?
Are there any risks or side effects of drinking semen?
Will semen help with her breast issue?
Thanks,
Simon

fcl replied to CanLoonie's response:
Swallowing semen will not hurt her. Nor will it help with her problem. I suspect the friend was joking ...

Here's a reliable link to information on how this can be treated:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibrocystic-breasts/DS01070/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

Anon_16867 replied to fcl's response:
just curious...i see that u have the answers too alot of questions on here..where do u get them from..are you a doctor or just smarter than the average person....just asking