Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
sex with my husband
An_214771 posted:
when i have sex with my husband after i climax i hiurts when he puts it in all the way what could cause this pain
GuardSquealer responded:
Putting it in all the way seems to cause the pain.
joanne35doubt replied to GuardSquealer's response:
only after i get off
sarahogan responded:
this happens to me as well. when a woman climaxes, often the tissues swell up completely inside causing pain when anything presses on them, this is how my doctor described it to me. I can't keep going after I climax because most of the time it causes intense pain.
Karen Luster, MD responded:
Pain with deep penetration can be from anatomical changes such as

· Fibroids- depending on the position and or size some women can experience pain and discomfort.
· Retroflexed uterus- which is a normal position of the uterus in some women where it is lying more towards the back. Some women feel pain or discomfort with deep penetration.
· Pelvic congestion syndrome- a condition like having "varicose veins" in the pelvis. The veins are swollen and dilated. Ladies may experience a dull ache or heaviness just before their periods.
· Endometriosis is tissue from the lining of the uterus that grows out of place which is anywhere outside the lining of the uterus. If is deposits in any other area in the pelvis ligaments, surrounding tissue pain can be elicited on penetration.

Any of these conditions can cause pain or discomfort during sex and even outside of sex. Not all women who have these conditions experience discomfort.

Unfortunately, you didn't state your age. There are some conditions that are more common in women who are premenopausal. Postmenopausal women may be at less risk for some of these conditions such as endometriosis.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website