Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
3 STD's, did he cheat?
An_214941 posted:
I recently had a baby 5 months ago and during my pregnancy I was tested for everything sexually related under the sun and was completely clear. Well, a couple months after I had the baby I discovered I had HPV. I didn't think nothing of this because of how common this condition is and how it doesn't relate to cheating and such. Next, I had an herpes outbreak. It was horrible. I had never once had any signs for it, and there it came. I thought there was a possibility I had contracted it through oral sex and a mouth cold sore. Wasn't sure. Then, at last, I was tested positive with Hepatitis B. Like I said before I tested clear during my pregnancy. My boyfriend swears up and down he hasn't been unfaithful to me. I need to advice and opinions please. I can't figure any of this out anymore.

georgiagail responded:
Keep in mind that STD testing often does not include being tested for "everything sexually related under the sun"; it generally focuses on the more common STD's such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. It would be relatively rare for this to include testing for hepatitis B.

Go back to your physician and determine just exactly what you were tested for during your pregnancy.

Gail

Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH responded:
I agree that you should ask your healthcare provider what you were tested for during pregnancy and in the past couple of years, perhaps. Many but not all women are tested for HPV. Also, many but not all women are tested for herpes (especially when pregnant as genital warts and genital herpes can impact decisions about delivery). If you feel more comfortable using condoms during sex with your boyfriend, that may be a good idea. Also, I would recommend that you both get tested for HIV. If he had chlamydia or gonorrhea you would likely have those too as those are easily passed from one person to another during sex, and if you haven't been tested for them in a while, you might consider asking for such a test. You might also consider more regular STI testing for a while if you are not confident about trusting him.

Helpful Tips

Premature ejaculation- helpful hintsExpert
Several things that can help Condoms with benzocaine. This is similar to medicine the dentist use for numbing. It is at a lower dose and ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website