Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is my penis ok?
An_215218 posted:
So, recently my penis was injured accidentally and it has been healing for about a week. Everything is normal except for this purplish line on the underside that appeared after the injury and has not gone away. Should I be concerned?

georgiagail responded:
As with bruising on other parts of your body, it may take a couple of weeks for this purplish line to disappear.

Black and blue (or purplish) marks are made when small blood vessels break under the skin during an injury (and since the skin is not broken they remain dark in color due to the lack of oxygen in this blood). The body eventually reabsorbs this blood but it can take several weeks to occur.

Gail

An_215219 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you very much for your reply, Gail. I have another question for whoever would like to answer:

This morning, I awoke with an erection and noticed that the line was red during my erection. This does not happen when it is flaccid. Also, I may experience pain and shrinking at certain points in the day (it seems to be decreasing in intensity each day, however I am not certain). Any comments

Cuckrowicz replied to An_215219's response:
The pain is somewhere between mild and moderate, it never was severe, and it was most certainly less painful today than yesterday.

An_215220 replied to Cuckrowicz's response:
Oops, well I guess the thread isn't anonymous anymore, haha. But seriously, any comments would help.

GuardSquealer replied to An_215220's response:
What type of injury was it?

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website