Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Drug in Sperm
    cakeman214 posted:
    I take alot of medication. My wife is worried that my sperm contains traces of the medication I take. Does anyone have an answer to this query?
    alaska_mommy responded:
    I'm not a doctor, but I believe it is possible for minute amounts of medication to show up in ejaculate...don't quote me on that though... ;)
    I have even heard of a very rare instance where a woman caught a virus from her husband through intercourse. It was a rare disease from a third-world country. Anywho, so I guess it's possible but I imagine it would only be trace amounts.
    Rhondamay responded:
    This is an interesting question. Drugs can be transfered in breast milk. I recently read where estrogen from HRT was causing reproductive abnormalities in fish down stream from sewer plants. Why couldn't drugs be transferred in semen? I would like to hear from an expert on this.

    Helpful Tips

    wallgreens lol seriously
    I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website