Skip to content
Unique Masturbation and Intercourse problems PLEASE HELP.
YukitoYoru posted:
My problem is a bit unique, I've search many forums and I haven't quite found anyone with a case similiar to mine, I'm sure there is someone out there, but I just haven't found them yet. I'm a 19 year old girl, I was molested when I was 10 years old by another woman, since that first sexual experience, as I am getting older there are problems that seem to be coming out. Since I started exploring at 15, I realized I have little to almost no feeling in my vagina or clitoris. I have a slightly larger clitoris so I was told that I would have more nerves exposed so I should be able to feel and be extremely sensitive but I do not. I get almost the same amount of sensitivity I would from rubbing the back of one of my hands than trying to simulate myself. I have tried using video, toys, sounds, etc, but in no way am I able to feel any pleasure at all while masturbating. I was on testerone for 8 months when I turned 18, this increased my sex drive but the same problem still occurred, I am no longer on the medicine and haven't been for 6 months. I've also noticed during the week before and during my menstrual cycle, I seem to experience an extremely increased sex drive to the point that it is actually physically painful and horribly frustrating and without relief it is a near nightmare. I am sexually active but I have only had one partner, and though I am able to reach an orgasm with him during sex, I notice I cannot feel any stretching sensations, when he goes slow I cannot feel anything at all. Other than my molestation at 10, I received a back injury problem when I was 14, herniating two discs in my back, L4 and L5. I come seeking some advice. Is it possible this is a nerve problem? Perhaps a psychological problem? Does anyone else seem to have similar problems and advice they could give me? Anything at all would be extremely helpful.

alaska_mommy responded:
Whew, that's hard for anyone to know. I haven't had any of the circumstances you're describing happen to me.
I wonder if you have any recollection of touching yourself prior to your back injury? Or being able to feel any sexual pleasure in any way? My best guess would be that it would be related to the back, although I think the sacral nerves are what supply the sex organs. I am not sure though.
I might think about sex therapy, or at least counseling--have you received any since the molestation incident? Maybe that would help you get to the root of your problem.

alaska_mommy replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Just ran across this other post. Maybe you two could talk.
http://forums.webmd.com/3/sex-and-relationships-exchange/forum/8995/0?@guest@

YukitoYoru replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Unfortunately no, I have no recollection of trying anything sexual until after my injury, perhaps a year or two later. I never had any real attraction towards anyone or was very sexual at all even when I was trying to gain any pleasure. I did have a bit of counseling after the molestation, but it wasn't till years later, and it was discontinued by my family before I truly got involved in it. I've made a bit of my own personal strides in healing with a few friends who are retired counselors or had training in that field, but no I haven't really finished any counseling concerning it. I was wondering if perhaps it was mostly psychological. I was wondering as well, my family has a genetic trait of a tipped uterus and thick walls as well, could that contribute maybe to the lack of feeling?

alaska_mommy replied to YukitoYoru's response:
I really don't know. I'm kinda thinking not, but you could do some internet searching (if you haven't already) and see if anyone else has had any issues with having a tipped uterus, etc. Are there any women in your family you'd feel comfortable asking if they have had this problem?

YukitoYoru replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Everyone in my family seems to have feeling and quite an active sex drive. They seem to have a higher rate for pregnancies but none of them seem to have any sort of issues like I do. I've been doing some internet research but it seems like most people have a backwards version of my problem, able to have feeling during masturbate but none during sex.

alaska_mommy replied to YukitoYoru's response:
Hmm. Did you look at the other poster's link I posted above? She talked about not feeling anything during sex too.

MissChooChoo responded:
I had a tipped uterus also (before a hysterectomy many years ago), but it didn't affect the sensations at all. I also would have an urgent sex drive right before my periods -- I chalked it up to changing hormones and swelling in the genital area. I could feel my vaginal walls expanding and aching, and I couldn't get any relief, leaving me very frustrated. And, I also have herniated disks in my lumbar region -- for 15 years, and it hasn't affected my sensitivity, but people are very different when it comes to back problems -- some can have herniated disks with no pain and others have a lot of pain. I would suspect that your prior trauma from being molested when young could have a lot to do with the lack of feeling. I encourage you to seek more counseling, maybe with a sex therapist, or a good doctor who specializes in problems like this. Please don't give up -- not all doctors will be knowledgeable about this, or will be able to convey the facts you need. I finally found a doctor's office that has a nurse practitioner who specializes in helping women with pelvic muscle problems that lead to incontinence and vaginal spasms. I got to talk to her at a health fair, and she was very knowledgeable, kind and empathetic. (Other doctors before her had basically said to just "buck up and get over the pain -- it's all in your head".) So just keep looking for someone to help -- they're out there. Good luck!

Helpful Tips

I loved the Implanon!
I had the Implanon for almost 3 years in August. During the time i had the implanon, i have very light periods & no cramping. I really ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website